Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 am It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Nice to be back. 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Nice to be back.
Thanks tieyourshoes51, huge Captain Beyond fan here. Your avatar is pretty cool also. I really want to see the Crazy Horse statue. I'm sure it's an amazing thing to see in person.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Master

Did you ever check out "Dawn Explosion" after they changed vocalists? I love that album, too.

The Crazy Horse Memorial is absolutely awesome. To give you some perspective, the Mount Rushmore heads are about 60 feet in height. Crazy Horse's face is 90 feet, and obviously we will eventually get a LOT more than that!

The first weekend in June is the Volksmarch, which is a weekend when people are permitted to walk up to the face and out on the arm. It is dizzying in its magnitude. I cannot recommend the Black Hills area highly enough, including Custer State Park, Mammoth Site, Spearfish Canyon, numerous caves, Badlands national park, Mount Rushmore and the road that winds around through teeny tunnels.

And June is good, temperature-wise. I did go running early one morning when it was freezing! I would recommend staying in Hill City, central to everything.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks for the advise! That is on the "must do" list for sure.

Dawn Explosion is a great album with Willie Daffern on vocals. All three are great. I don't know if you know this but Rhino passed away last January from liver cancer. I took a long shot and friended him on Facebook and he friended me back! Talked with him a few times. Super nice guy that the guitar world will miss.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Our community radio station in Tampa, WMNF-FM 88.5 (online at wmnf.org) has block programming of all types. One great tag line from billboards: "Do we play country music?" "Sure! Pick a country!"

Tuesday night is tie-dye night, also known as the trip strip. From 6 to 8 PM, Grateful Ed does the Freak show, with the second hour live GD or something similar. From 8-10 is the Dream Clinic with Dennis Stone, who has more stuff than even I can dream of. More on that later. The 10-midnight slot is In the Groove, the jamband show hosted by Thor. I pledge during funddrives so I can do guest slots.

When Rhino passed, Dennis Stone did an awesome retrospective. If I find that it is still available on the archives, i will forward you the information.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I'd love to hear that. Hope you can find it.

I'm going to do my best and try and make it. I'm just trying to justify the thousand dollars for a "Pete" vacation.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

petewhit wrote:
I'd love to hear that. Hope you can find it.

I'm going to do my best and try and make it. I'm just trying to justify the thousand dollars for a "Pete" vacation.

Not a Pete vacation, a family reunion!!!! :o :o :o :o 8-)

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

That sounds much better Captain! Maybe under those terms I can swing it. :D

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

petewhit wrote:
That sounds much better Captain! Maybe under those terms I can swing it. :D

Your butt better be there!!! I feel a magic spell coming on if not..... :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Well...you're on our way, so you WILL be going....LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I'm going to try my best to make it. I've got the all important RV spot reserved and am not going to give it up until the bitter end.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 am Profile
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next