Last visit was: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 pm It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 pm

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 camping 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: camping
Calypsomamma wrote:
Her hugs are the best! :)

Ain't that the truth!!!

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Peach

ANDIEBEE:: The battery's in a wheel chair needs to be on charge for about 7 hours. OR while I sleep. Then I can go for a day in a campground situation.After 20yrs I know the range as to the terrain Im on. If I stay mostly on paved road Im good. But if I have a site like last year on a sandy path. "THE SHORT CUT" between the shower house and disk golf area. I have to find a good people watching spot and conserve power. Then I can see the shows I want to see the most. I get uncomfortable if I ask to sit at a camp site for 3-4 hours.To charge up.Once I plug it in, Im stuck there until its charged. In that case I need my soft drink and I do use medical stuff when I sit LOL. Its kinda hard to explain. You guys have been a lot of help in the past two days I feel a lot better about this year at WANEE. If I knew how to put a photo on here I could show my chair. I have had polio for 60 yrs. So Im very independent and self providing. Ill get by. I do want to catch the MEET&GREET.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

no one sleeps at wanee for seven hours

pass out for 7 hours..........maybe?

Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

shaw23 wrote:
no one sleeps at wanee for seven hours

pass out for 7 hours..........maybe?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I dont sleep for 7 myself but my wheelchair does. It rain last year and I stayed under a tarp a lot or sitting in my truck listening to the music. Then I had to look for power for the chair. Im lucky Im 60 had polio for 60yrs and I still do about what I want.I just have to do it my way. Thats why I do most of my life alone. "except for my dog". Its all good. Im a happy loner.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 pm Profile
Wanee Master

evansvillenowmilton wrote:
I dont sleep for 7 myself but my wheelchair does. It rain last year and I stayed under a tarp a lot or sitting in my truck listening to the music. Then I had to look for power for the chair. Im lucky Im 60 had polio for 60yrs and I still do about what I want.I just have to do it my way. Thats why I do most of my life alone. "except for my dog". Its all good. Im a happy loner.

We'll respect your solitude, but if you want to hang out with some friends, we'll be here.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Master

You know when the world is all against you....your dog still loves you.
Just know that we are all here for you....sometimes all you have to do is ask.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

AndieBee wrote:
evansvillenowmilton wrote:

We'll respect your solitude, but if you want to hang out with some friends, we'll be here.

100% agree.........we will be there if you need us. ;)

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:25 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

hello and welcome to the forums! I'm not sure the setup but my cousin has some sort of solar charger rigged to his electric chair. do you have a spare battery that could charge while you are out and about being festive? that way you wouldn't be stuck you could just switch them out?

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:47 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

Thanks Andiebee. I will. I want to make the meet&gre

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 pm Profile
 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next