Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 pm

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 camping 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: camping
Ya When I think of a camp fire at night with friends I never think of SMORES for snacks. Its the smell of yeast and a pizza. I had four DUTCH OVENS and I would stack then with a 12" pizza in each one. 15 min. and four pizza's in one hour 16. Two slices is a belly full ...Now I dont do that at WANEE because Im there for the tunes. My first year at WANEE I brought $150 worth of food and didnt have time to do much other than a big country breakfast Then sandwiches through the day.I brought home a lot of food.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah, we used to do a lot of cooking while camping on the uninhabited islands of SWFLA. By the time we finished cleaning up from breakfast, it was time to start lunch... then dinner. Next day repeat. After a while it seemed like there was not much time to fish or do anything else. Too much like furk.

Now it's Party Centric!, especially with Wanee, I just pre-cook, freeze, thaw, eat! More time for music, fun and games.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Pre cook is the only way to go.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

ooowww.to easy to just slice italian saus.spoon some sauce and spead cheese pre made dough. I cooked in the parks for a living and fed 100 at a setting.Then I precooked my pulled smoked pork. but I did cooked the sides and while eating I made and cooked the four cobblers to feed 100 while they ate.That was my story time "HISTORY OF FLORIDA" I can whip up a pepperoni and Italian saus. pizza pretty quick. But Im in a wheelchair and its harder for me to fish than cook. To me its easy to get a fish but if ya dont have a good cook you just have a fish. I never fished at night when it was sit around the fire time.LOLOL Thats what I was talking about. If I was going to MOUND KEY or some other small place to fish . I guess like you I wouldnt plan a large meal. Just a fishing trip.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

If we are just camping with a little relaxing, a little hiking, a little more relaxing and such then I am all about cooking in camp. Music fest camping is another animal all together. Big b'fast then bounce back to camp for a quick bite for a late lunch and if I remember some dinner. I occaisionally forget the dinner part with negative results sometimes. Convenience is the keyword but healthy and not prepackaged are important too. Best way I know is to precook at home and then be able to do a quick reheat.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Master

evansvillenowmilton wrote:
ooowww.to easy to just slice italian saus.spoon some sauce and spead cheese pre made dough. I cooked in the parks for a living and fed 100 at a setting.Then I precooked my pulled smoked pork. but I did cooked the sides and while eating I made and cooked the four cobblers to feed 100 while they ate.That was my story time "HISTORY OF FLORIDA" I can whip up a pepperoni and Italian saus. pizza pretty quick. But Im in a wheelchair and its harder for me to fish than cook. To me its easy to get a fish but if ya dont have a good cook you just have a fish. I never fished at night when it was sit around the fire time.LOLOL Thats what I was talking about. If I was going to MOUND KEY or some other small place to fish . I guess like you I wouldnt plan a large meal. Just a fishing trip.

Sounds like we got a Wanee Pizza Party ;) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Jensen B Gator wrote:
evansvillenowmilton wrote:

Sounds like we got a Wanee Pizza Party ;) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Yummy!!! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I'm with you mccjeff, pre-cook at home them warm at the fest... simple enough if you're driving but doesn't work so well when you fly in...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I'm with you mccjeff, pre-cook at home them warm at the fest... simple enough if you're driving but doesn't work so well when you fly in...

We do this also....makes things quicker and easier. ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I'd break out the dutch oven for pizza!

Early in the week though; before the music starts...

:D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm Profile
 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next