Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm




 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tickets 
Author Message
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Tickets
shaw23 wrote:
Quote:
had close to 35000 there last year



were you seeing double brother?

that info is from several magazine reports... several... year before was 25000.... considerable smaller

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 6683
Post Re: Tickets
I hope they try to keep the numbers down-last year was too crowded.


Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 1668
Post Re: Tickets
I think we are gonna have to get used to the big crowds. In the past we got used to the smaller crowds and kindof got spoiled. The big crowds didn't really bother me that much, and even as it is, it's still not out of hand. If you put some effort in you can still get near the front, just takes a little more effort and planning! But If you want bands like WSP and Furthur, you are gonna have to deal with it. I see some fests on TV that make wanee look like a small get together.


Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10684
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Tickets
mike12859 wrote:
I think we are gonna have to get used to the big crowds. In the past we got used to the smaller crowds and kindof got spoiled. The big crowds didn't really bother me that much, and even as it is, it's still not out of hand. If you put some effort in you can still get near the front, just takes a little more effort and planning! But If you want bands like WSP and Furthur, you are gonna have to deal with it. I see some fests on TV that make wanee look like a small get together.

I agree with you Mike....but I do miss the smaller crowd! :roll:

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Tickets
NCviper wrote:
mike12859 wrote:
I think we are gonna have to get used to the big crowds. In the past we got used to the smaller crowds and kindof got spoiled. The big crowds didn't really bother me that much, and even as it is, it's still not out of hand. If you put some effort in you can still get near the front, just takes a little more effort and planning! But If you want bands like WSP and Furthur, you are gonna have to deal with it. I see some fests on TV that make wanee look like a small get together.

I agree with you Mike....but I do miss the smaller crowd! :roll:

then ya both need to make plans for magfest then also... its kinda like wanee from 08 09

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:00 pm
Posts: 1574
Location: Sharpsburg, Ga.
Post Re: Tickets
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I hope they try to keep the numbers down-last year was too crowded.



I agree, it's been too big the last couple of years. I saw something for the first time last year also, the undesirable element. That said it's a natural progression when you have a great festival and the word gets out. Hard to believe that just a few years ago you could find empty, full hookup camping spots all over the place.


Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10684
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Tickets
djkeeb69 wrote:
NCviper wrote:
mike12859 wrote:
I think we are gonna have to get used to the big crowds. In the past we got used to the smaller crowds and kindof got spoiled. The big crowds didn't really bother me that much, and even as it is, it's still not out of hand. If you put some effort in you can still get near the front, just takes a little more effort and planning! But If you want bands like WSP and Furthur, you are gonna have to deal with it. I see some fests on TV that make wanee look like a small get together.

I agree with you Mike....but I do miss the smaller crowd! :roll:

then ya both need to make plans for magfest then also... its kinda like wanee from 08 09

Hopefully next year!! ;)

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 am
Posts: 2106
Post Re: Tickets
NCviper wrote:
mike12859 wrote:
I think we are gonna have to get used to the big crowds. In the past we got used to the smaller crowds and kindof got spoiled. The big crowds didn't really bother me that much, and even as it is, it's still not out of hand. If you put some effort in you can still get near the front, just takes a little more effort and planning! But If you want bands like WSP and Furthur, you are gonna have to deal with it. I see some fests on TV that make wanee look like a small get together.

I agree with you Mike....but I do miss the smaller crowd! :roll:


I think the flavor of the Wannee Fest changed last year with the Grateful Dead family showing up...

I'm still trying to figure out if I like the change.
There are some things I liked about the new people, others I didn't.

:? :? :roll: :roll:

_________________
Blues is Truth!
http://www.bluespower.com/a-bm01.htm


Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk


Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:57 pm
Posts: 46
Post Re: Tickets
Never sell out,GREAT. I may have to pay the penalty of buying the day I get there. Fixed income.I do a lil trading and selling of collectables I never know how that goes.You know the more $$ I have the better the show. LOL I have to bring my party fave for myself. and better food. I hope to make a Big PEACH COBBLER to share ....in my Dutch Oven. I retired from The State Parks in Fl. doing INTERPRETIVE programs Outdoor Cooking with cast iron & Story Teller. But I will be there If I just have hotdogs & ham&cheese samiches.LOLOL


Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Tickets
evansvillenowmilton wrote:
Never sell out,GREAT. I may have to pay the penalty of buying the day I get there. Fixed income.I do a lil trading and selling of collectables I never know how that goes.You know the more $$ I have the better the show. LOL I have to bring my party fave for myself. and better food. I hope to make a Big PEACH COBBLER to share ....in my Dutch Oven. I retired from The State Parks in Fl. doing INTERPRETIVE programs Outdoor Cooking with cast iron & Story Teller. But I will be there If I just have hotdogs & ham&cheese samiches.LOLOL

Nuttin wrong with hotdogs and ham sandwiches... all i eat from friday on :D

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:46 pm Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Scoutjet[crawler] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.