Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 am

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Leaving Wanee...... 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Leaving Wanee......
cajunqueen wrote:
I didn't feel the love and did not meet any of you. Did not get any reachout from this group when I joined online. I guess you have to be a member of the inner circle and I did not qualify.....

Not true! Not true! I'm sorry I didn't get to see your posts earlier. There's no club here, everyone belongs. Stick around, lots of great people around here. Friendly... UNLIKE CAMP COSMIC! They never accepted my friend request on Facebook. Can you imagine them not wanting me to camp with them. Ohhh what they missed! :P

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I think it was hard to get noticed and easy to feel ignored because so many posts happen so quickly that you get lost unless you are on quite a bit. That is what I was finding hard to get to know people because I got in so late and things happened quickly. But I am certain it wasnt on purpose to leave you out or anything.
cajunqueen wrote:
Oh, I felt lots of love at the fest for sure, but not online from this group. I was simply ignored in this forum, but that is okay. I still had a wonderful time and will be back next year. I just won't try to inject myself into this group again.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

True, true, at the last minute, people were typing at work and running... I didn't even try to keep up with the million posts a day. But everyone is welcome, next year will be even better!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:34 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Wow, what an adventure! leaving I was quiet, out about 8:30am.

It seemed like I met everyone and loved having a community, thankyou Lou and Rita! After ABB, Sat., I walked up on our beautiful AndieBee.

Muledy, I totally understand mobility issues, I knew you where there and felt the love. Dartdog, I looked for you and thought I saw you 100 times in the crowd. GGHT missed you.

I saw one misquito, used the form's MaxiDeet and electronic device. I did better with the rain than I would have with the sun and heat. Tinkerbell flew high over our campsite.

Peace and Love and Good Times to All

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm Profile
Wanee Master

atlanta hippie wrote:

It seemed like I met everyone and loved having a community, thankyou Lou and Rita! After ABB, Sat., I walked up on our beautiful AndieBee.

Muledy, I totally understand mobility issues, I knew you where there and felt the love. Dartdog, I looked for you and thought I saw you 100 times in the crowd. GGHT missed you.

I saw one misquito, used the form's MaxiDeet and electronic device. I did better with the rain than I would have with the sun and heat. Tinkerbell flew high over our campsite.

Yea AH, you probably did, you should have said something, I was looking for people with badges the whole time, I wore mine all day friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:14 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

To cajunqueen, I'm also sorry you feel the way you expressed (I haven't read past your first post yet, I should say) because although I also didn't meet anyone from the forum in person (that I know of), I have and continue to feel welcomed by those who have posted hundreds of times, Krewe d'Wanee you might say, (oh why did I not think of that before?!?). later

greg (also cajun, but royalty? hmmm, likely not :-)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
atlanta hippie wrote:

ATL, thanks loads...I forgot to tell yas that I ws getting some of the junk out of car after we first arrived & was meeting our new neighbors ( which thank god new how to get th propane started by SAT :roll: ) and above me I saw something out of the corner of my eye...A spidey :shock: :twisted: the neighbor goes aw its jst a spider :shock: :shock: :lol: Little did he know my history with them so I just kinda stepped back a bit!!! :lol: Nice people everyone of them!!!! I miss it already and guess what now I know where it is....I just might take off there again for a weekend or so..NO TTrailer bs!!! Having a fast v8/Northstar and the lead foot that I am driving no faster than 40-55max following the tt is not my cup of tea...see ya is my new saying as I got pissed at one point and left her in the dust, but eventually slowed way down to wait for daughter in tt....I think It would be a lot better having a 4x4 or 4wheel drive to pull this thing even though it is supposedly light??? The Avalanche just had all this work and NOW she announces today she is leaving tomorrow for Bonaroo :shock: I said NONONONONONo not a chance in hell my truck is going to pull that thing in THOSE mountains...forget that s#%t!!!!! She had a rough enough time on straight and smooth roads here with it?? :x I got bit a few times but NOTHING like they are here so NO MORE HYPE on the skeeters...just used some new mild form of off (couldn't find the fan things a walmart)And they really love me!!! And I had many banana daqs...well eveyone wanted a floater so they weren't my OLD killer ones...but I spared you all the screams when I saw the spidey!!!! :lol:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

LOL I can't believe none of us knew how to turn on that gas for ya! That cool neighbor of ours with the totally pimp golf cart was a life saver (well, at least a potato salad saver). Wish I had his # as my cart broke today at work and could have used a little advice.

About leaving Wanee... That is always the saddest thing, the bitter sweet mix of leaving new friends, old friends and the stuff that you brought and couldn't find when you packed up to go. :lol: First making rounds to say farewell to brothers like our TT knowledgeable neighbors and Jesse the loop jamming superstar. Collecting all those scattered possessions and packing them away, trying to fold the tent back to fit in that bag your buddy tears the zipper off of while you try to squeeze it into a neat package. Tents are harder to fold than road maps! Lastly hugging your new big sissy's neck, climbing into the truck, turning on some Mule to its full 1100 watt potential and following your GPS to a nearby gas station (because the gauge never moves from E when you crank up to go) that no longer exists! Ah, even leaving Wanee is an experience!

Nice to have met some of you while tenting at my sister's loop spot! I even got a new nickname this Wanee, Chef G!

Now to look for a spot to put a link to the few hundred photos I still managed to shoot between the rain bursts!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Dartdog82 wrote:

Yea AH, you probably did, you should have said something, I was looking for people with badges the whole time, I wore mine all day friday.

I saw you! I saw you! :D

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:shock: Oh How Could I forget CHEF G......Roosevelt Collier of the LEE BOYS tagged Baddad that as he makes the best RIBS !!!WE have ever had(even having my dental probs :lol: ) I heard about them all the way home too!!! So next year Will take up a collection for your RIBS those of you wanting the BEST he is the MAN!!!! whoohooo could try to eat some right now...now go easy on that poato salad :lol: How many days did it take to fnally get the stuff made :lol: :lol: Then it was made by Ashlee, she and Baddad were the main Chefs in our camp!! Baked beans on a grill great idea..... :lol: Hey I will make my tater salad next time no guarntees that it will come close to your wifes :oops: :( but it will be better (hopefully than that?) And the deviled eggs that blew up in the microwave :lol: I am firing that cook :lol: :oops: :oops: NO drinking for me before cooking ever again!! Ah the neighbor with his bad ass custom cart too nice!!!! Now I drove around BD after you left I did not find the area you were talking about for next yr??? So maybe I will be lucky enough to see it on a map??? Peace my bro no bad pics of me or i will give you more tater salad!!! :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:23 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next