Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 am

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Leaving Wanee...... 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Leaving Wanee......
frenchiejess wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:

Yea AH, you probably did, you should have said something, I was looking for people with badges the whole time, I wore mine all day friday.

I saw you! I saw you! :D

You Did, You Did :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

cajunqueen wrote:
I didn't feel the love and did not meet any of you. Did not get any reachout from this group when I joined online. I guess you have to be a member of the inner circle and I did not qualify.....

I'm so bummed that you feel that way. I can kind of understand though...I tend to sit back and observe a lot instead of talking (it's the Vermonter in me), so I'm generally sort of quiet. As a result, I sometimes get lost in the shuffle. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Over the weekend, I fould that although I wasn't a huge presence on the board, I HAD made an impression on at least a few people. I would be willing to bet that it's the same for you.

Also, for all the talk we had about meetings and parades and other functions, once everyone got to the park, with the exception of LTS's meet & greet, most of the "plans" went out the window. Everyone sort of scattered and did their thing.

I'd encourage you to hang out for a while. Either way, I hope you had a good weekend at Wanee! How was your birthday???? :)

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
frenchiejess wrote:
cajunqueen wrote:
I didn't feel the love and did not meet any of you. Did not get any reachout from this group when I joined online. I guess you have to be a member of the inner circle and I did not qualify.....

I'm so bummed that you feel that way. I can kind of understand though...I tend to sit back and observe a lot instead of talking (it's the Vermonter in me), so I'm generally sort of quiet. As a result, I sometimes get lost in the shuffle. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Over the weekend, I fould that although I wasn't a huge presence on the board, I HAD made an impression on at least a few people. I would be willing to bet that it's the same for you.

Also, for all the talk we had about meetings and parades and other functions, once everyone got to the park, with the exception of LTS's meet & greet, most of the "plans" went out the window. Everyone sort of scattered and did their thing.

I'd encourage you to hang out for a while. Either way, I hope you had a good weekend at Wanee! How was your birthday???? :)
I think that if I wasn't like 8hrs late and all of the crap getting there and in etc...it would have been alot easier too if the dam phones worked?? Alltell worked in France and Itlaly??? And did have a similar prob in NC at Xmas jam? I do believe that next yr for sure we will have to do something ...keep in mind people came from all over the world to this festival and I thought I was tired I feel for those that had to travel from very far! And besides I forgot to get that dam Swedish flag :roll: :lol: At something like this you kinda have to go with the flow....I missed a whole lot of the groups I wanted to see but thankful I got to see DOOBIES, MULE and was on the rail for both MULE and ABB but had to leave my perfect spot right in front of GREGG too as my legs started going on me like after the 3rd song talk about a bummer!!! Now trying to get out of that crowd was at best a little bit of a feat...and yeah I missed them too :cry: But due to friends my sides are still hurting from laughing so hard!!! And were I ws you could hear the music not excellent but just enough to tease your ass and make you want to fight the masses to join in!! So no one was intentionally left out I mean that place is over 10kacres now that to me is a hell of a hike if you like to hike!!! No cirlcles or fogotten people in this crowd...did it occur to yall that they hd a few Welcome shot parties going on!!!! I missed physically but was there in SPIRIT!!!

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

we got to stick around on sunday, watch everyone pack up and head out. it was nice, not having to rush off, but sad too to see the park so empty. the good thing was no lines for bathrooms, ez enuff to take a shower although I opted not too...didn't brush my teeth either. woof. we made it down to the river thanks to lubiedoobie and happy camper, also FINALLY made it over to show my peeps the beautiful lake. wasn't quite the same without my SOS over there though, but still beautiful!! :D

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:09 am Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4