Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am




 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Wanee family bands 
Author Message
Wanee Fan

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm
Posts: 104
Post Wanee family bands
Just a question. I am not trying to bring a black cloud over the fest but...

When Gregg Allman dies, who will headline the fest ?

I would like to see TTB and Mule get the Friday and Saturday headlining spots and Thursday night be panic, further, Michael franti, string cheese,whoever.

Again I'm not trying to bring bad vibes

What do you guys think ?


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10670
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Wanee family bands
gman wrote:
Just a question. I am not trying to bring a black cloud over the fest but...

When Gregg Allman dies, who will headline the fest ?

I would like to see TTB and Mule get the Friday and Saturday headlining spots and Thursday night be panic, further, Michael franti, string cheese,whoever.

Again I'm not trying to bring bad vibes

What do you guys think ?

:shock: GREGG WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!! :shock:



I will bet you Panic will take over.......

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Wanee family bands
My guess would be that the band stays playing... ABB with out a brother... but i dont think they will disband.... but heres to a lot of years of gregg left to come

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10670
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Wanee family bands
djkeeb69 wrote:
My guess would be that the band stays playing... ABB with out a brother... but i dont think they will disband.... but heres to a lot of years of gregg left to come

I did read somewhere where WSP was the heir apparent......

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Wanee family bands
NCviper wrote:
djkeeb69 wrote:
My guess would be that the band stays playing... ABB with out a brother... but i dont think they will disband.... but heres to a lot of years of gregg left to come

I did read somewhere where WSP was the heir apparent......

I would have no issue with that...none at all!! :) :) :)

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm
Posts: 104
Post Re: Wanee family bands
Djkeeb69

I would love that but I just hope they don't turn into an abb version of what lynyrd skynyrd is now. Granted I like skynyrd but their album "last of a dying breed" wasn't very good IMHO.

I think warren, Derek , butch and otiel should be left to run the thing and you bet they would still do some Allman tunes.


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10670
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Wanee family bands
djkeeb69 wrote:
NCviper wrote:
djkeeb69 wrote:
My guess would be that the band stays playing... ABB with out a brother... but i dont think they will disband.... but heres to a lot of years of gregg left to come

I did read somewhere where WSP was the heir apparent......

I would have no issue with that...none at all!! :) :) :)

I would think not.....I feel the Brothers will go as long as the can...but somebody has to keep it going.

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Wanee family bands
gman wrote:
Djkeeb69

I would love that but I just hope they don't turn into an abb version of what lynyrd skynyrd is now. Granted I like skynyrd but their album "last of a dying breed" wasn't very good IMHO.

I think warren, Derek , butch and otiel should be left to run the thing and you bet they would still do some Allman tunes.

Yeah but Skynyrd isnt skynryd... a brother and an exiled pianoist from way way back doesnt count them as skynyrd to me... but they are a damn fine cover band tho.... whereas... the rest of abb have been abb for years and years and years

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm
Posts: 104
Post Re: Wanee family bands
djkeeb69 wrote:
gman wrote:
Djkeeb69

I would love that but I just hope they don't turn into an abb version of what lynyrd skynyrd is now. Granted I like skynyrd but their album "last of a dying breed" wasn't very good IMHO.

I think warren, Derek , butch and otiel should be left to run the thing and you bet they would still do some Allman tunes.

Yeah but Skynyrd isnt skynryd... a brother and an exiled pianoist from way way back doesnt count them as skynyrd to me... but they are a damn fine cover band tho.... whereas... the rest of abb have been abb for years and years and years


I agree they are a fine cover band. As far as abb goes I would love to see them continue after Gregg.

Which brings this question to mind.

Would they bring in Kofi Burbridge and Bruce Kat for keyboard/ organ ?

Would warren be the only vocalist ?

I love thinking of the possibilities.


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 am
Posts: 2330
Post Re: Wanee family bands
i say turn it over to the mule.


Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm Profile
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.