Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 am

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 New Wanee Fan says hello! 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: New Wanee Fan says hello!
Thank you all for the welcome, especially the message in Spanish, I appreciate it! This is the reason why I decided to go to Wanee, good people!
It's only my second day on the forum but I have to ask you for information :twisted:
I will arrive to the Jacksonville Airport on April 17 and I want to know how to get the Wanee Festival, are there buses?
And the second question, is there a store where you can buy a cheap tent in Jacksonville? Is it possible to sell it after the festival?
Counting the days... :D

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am Profile
Wanee Master

MiguelSpain wrote:
Thank you all for the welcome, especially the message in Spanish, I appreciate it! This is the reason why I decided to go to Wanee, good people!
It's only my second day on the forum but I have to ask you for information :twisted:
I will arrive to the Jacksonville Airport on April 17 and I want to know how to get the Wanee Festival, are there buses?
And the second question, is there a store where you can buy a cheap tent in Jacksonville? Is it possible to sell it after the festival?
Counting the days... :D

MiguelSpain, to answer your Q's there is a Walmart in Live Oak, Fl. (has all your camping needs) just 5 minutes away from the park as for busses im not sure but you can check "Greyhound" or "Trailways" buslines on the the internet. I looked and there doesn't seem to be a route, Best bet is to rent a car. Or look in the need a ride thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8084

https://www.greyhound.com/default.aspx
http://www.trailways.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

I wish I could help you out with local Florida information but I'm not from the area. Hopefully a north Florida resident will chime in. I can tell you that it's about 93 miles (150 km) from Jacksonville to Live Oak. :)

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Welcome, Miguel.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Master

Welcome aboard Miguel....you might want to start a new topic....
NEED RIDE or the like. Maybe one of the folks from the Jacksonville area could give you a lift.....it is always worth the effort. If you need help starting a new topic, just ask.
Please be sure to have a viable time you will arrive at airport. Possibly you could catch a taxi to meet someone headed to Wanee if the time period works out for both of you.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 am Profile
Site Admin

Dartdog82 wrote:
MiguelSpain, to answer your Q's there is a Walmart in Live Oak, Fl. (has all your camping needs) just 5 minutes away from the park as for busses im not sure but you can check "Greyhound" or "Trailways" buslines on the the internet. I looked and there doesn't seem to be a route, Best bet is to rent a car. Or look in the need a ride thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8084

:D Thanks for reminding me to update this dawg....I'll get something more current together in the next few days and make it a sticky at the top.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Master

The Need a Ride thread is usually pretty active, MiguelSpain. Get on there early and check often.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

MiguelSpain wrote:
Hi all! I introduce myself, my name is Miguel and I am probably the biggest fan of the Allman Brothers in Spain :twisted: !, which has led me to decide to go crazy to see them at Crossroads Festival (I love Eric Clpaton too). It's crazy mainly because I'm not a rich man, in fact I'm unemployed now, but I thought it was a unique opportunity and could not pass up even if it means cross the Atlantic Ocean alone.
At first I wanted to go to New York only a few days for the festival, but then I discovered the Wanee festival, the forum and the wonderful spirit that emerges from it. And thought it would be the best way to learn more about the Southern music, which I love, and meet good people too.
It will be a pleasure to enjoy the best music with you.
PS: You may need to make you some questions about the festival, but that will be another time!

Sorry for my English! ;)

OH Miguel, you made the right choice! you are in for a treat!! welcome friend!! :D

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hola mi amigo.

Hold on and enjoy the ride!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Pro

can't wait to meet you miguel. my Spanish is very limited but music breaks all those language barriers. :D

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am Profile WWW
 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next