Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:18 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:18 am

[ 2187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 219  Next
 Remember When 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Remember When
Gorilla Monsoon
Cowboy Bill Miller
Freddie Blassie
Bruno Sammartino

and

Haystacks Calhoon

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Remember when there was a finite number of musical choices in your car (usually about a dozen)?

The weirdest sensation would occur when you were stopped at a traffic light, and there was something odd about a driver in a car nearby. At first, you couldn't figure out what it was. Then you understood. HE WAS SINGING THE SAME SONG ON THE RADIO THAT YOU WERE! And a smile would cross your face!

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Remember when FM radio was a novelty

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Remember when there was a finite number of musical choices in your car (usually about a dozen)?

The weirdest sensation would occur when you were stopped at a traffic light, and there was something odd about a driver in a car nearby. At first, you couldn't figure out what it was. Then you understood. HE WAS SINGING THE SAME SONG ON THE RADIO THAT YOU WERE! And a smile would cross your face!

+1

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Quote:
Haystacks Calhoon

he's come into the sweden house, when i worked there as a busboy. i prayed that he wouldn;t eat in my section.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

totally off topic, but i gotta know and there's a math teacher among us. the distance between one inch and 2 inches is finite. yet there are infinite fractional values between the 2 points. how can that be?

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

shaw23 wrote:
totally off topic, but i gotta know and there's a math teacher among us. the distance between one inch and 2 inches is finite. yet there are infinite fractional values between the 2 points. how can that be?

It is a total mind-FURK, and I do not understand it completely, but try this (I will attempt better tomorrow in a straighter state):

We accept that there are infinitely many numbers.

No take, as Shaw suggests, the numbers 1 and 2. We can find a number halfway beetween them, and then two numbers halfway between the ends and the number halfway, and we can consider this process into infinity (and beyond -- had to do that, or somebody would've). It is a mind-blowing concept that begins to demonstrate the enormity of the concept of infinity. We do not say that the number of numbers between 1 and 2 equals the number of numbers between 1 and 1.5, only that both are infinite sets.

See? MY brain just exploded. Clean-up on aisle 7.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

1<X<2

Since you can go to an infinite number of decimal points then there is an infinite number possibilities.

I.e .1,.01,.001.0001 it goes on forever.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:10 am Profile
Wanee Lover

shaw23 wrote:

The total distance is finite, the number of units you can parse that distance into is infinite. Two separate quantities.

That help?

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

and if matter can't be created or destroyed, how did it get here in the first place?

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am Profile
 [ 2187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 219  Next