Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 am

[ 2100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 210  Next
 Remember When 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Remember When
I use Rain-X , as my old VW Bus wiper motor is 40+ years old. A FHP trooper observed me in the other lane in a downpour with no wipers on. I could see fine, prolly better than most around.

He informed me that I was in violation soon after at a nearby 7-11.

Mine work fine. I demonstrated them to the officer.

I was aware that functioning wipers ARE a requirement of the motor vehicle code in Florida. I have no knowledge of a statute that requires one to use them. And I have looked.

His dispatch looked also, and returned no results. No ticket.

Image↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Remember this?

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Monty Python :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:06 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

It reminds me of Ronnie Reagan in Death Valley Days :?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 am Profile
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
I use Rain-X , as my old VW Bus wiper motor is 40+ years old. A FHP trooper observed me in the other lane in a downpour with no wipers on. I could see fine, prolly better than most around.

He informed me that I was in violation soon after at a nearby 7-11.

Mine work fine. I demonstrated them to the officer.

I was aware that functioning wipers ARE a requirement of the motor vehicle code in Florida. I have no knowledge of a statute that requires one to use them. And I have looked.

His dispatch looked also, and returned no results. No ticket.

Image↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

This is from the Florida Driver Handbook. I assumed the law matched it. You know what that makes me. But I am glad you got no ticket!

5.35. Reduced Visibility
5.36. Handling Emergencies
5.37. Sharing the Road with a Truck
5.38. First Aid Information
You must turn on your low beam (dim) headlights when driving between sunset and sunrise, including the twilight hours between sunset and sunrise or between full night and sunrise. You must also use these lights during any rain, smoke or fog. Parking lights do not meet requirements of this law.
5.35.1 - Fog or Smoke
It is best not to drive in fog or smoke. If you must, slow down, turn on your low beam headlights, and be ready for a fast stop. Use windshield wipers in heavy fog. If the fog or smoke becomes so thick that you cannot see well enough to keep driving, pull all the way off the pavement and stop. Turn on your emergency flashers.
5.35.2 - Rain
The first few drops of rain mean danger. Roads are most slippery just after the rain begins because oil dropped from cars has not been washed away. Slow down and plan for at least two times the normal stopping distance.
In a heavy rain, your tires can ride on a thin film of water, like skis. This is called hydroplaning. When your tires are not touching the road, you can easily lose control and skid. Keep your tires on the road by slowing down when it rains, and by having tires with the right air pressure and good tread.
Brakes often become wet after driving through deep water or driving in heavy rain. They may pull to one side or the other, or they may not hold at all. If this happens, slow down and gently push on the brake pedal until your brakes are working again.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

This is from the Florida Driver Handbook. I assumed the law matched it. You know what that makes me. But I am glad you got no ticket!

5.35. Reduced Visibility
5.36. Handling Emergencies
5.37. Sharing the Road with a Truck
5.38. First Aid Information
You must turn on your low beam (dim) headlights when driving between sunset and sunrise, including the twilight hours between sunset and sunrise or between full night and sunrise. You must also use these lights during any rain, smoke or fog. Parking lights do not meet requirements of this law.
5.35.1 - Fog or Smoke
It is best not to drive in fog or smoke. If you must, slow down, turn on your low beam headlights, and be ready for a fast stop. Use windshield wipers in heavy fog. If the fog or smoke becomes so thick that you cannot see well enough to keep driving, pull all the way off the pavement and stop. Turn on your emergency flashers.
5.35.2 - Rain
The first few drops of rain mean danger. Roads are most slippery just after the rain begins because oil dropped from cars has not been washed away. Slow down and plan for at least two times the normal stopping distance.
In a heavy rain, your tires can ride on a thin film of water, like skis. This is called hydroplaning. When your tires are not touching the road, you can easily lose control and skid. Keep your tires on the road by slowing down when it rains, and by having tires with the right air pressure and good tread.
Brakes often become wet after driving through deep water or driving in heavy rain. They may pull to one side or the other, or they may not hold at all. If this happens, slow down and gently push on the brake pedal until your brakes are working again.

Hm... not sure if the handbook is law, but if it is.....

"" You must also use these lights during any rain... "" is the only reference to equipment that must be activated in rain.

"" Use windshield wipers in heavy fog."" Well... close... but they seemed to omit this advice in the 'Rain' (section 5.35.2).

Now please dont get me wrong, I am NOT advocating that one doesnt use wipers. I merely was pointing out that it was not a ticketable offence, according to all research so far.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:37 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I only use them when I want to see.

With regards to Rain X I don't like the effect of a dry window looking into the Sun makes the glass look really dirty.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

In regards to Rain X, it does seem to fog over time, and needs re-application. And it's more effort to clean it all off than just a quick cleaning the glass. But it works well when properly applied. I even used to do the side windows of the mini-van and it kept the kids entertained on rainy road trips. It is cool to watch the raindrops race across the side windows.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

remember the california raisens?

didn't they play wanee one year?

weren't they on the travelling stage?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

shaw23 wrote:
remember the california raisens?

didn't they play wanee one year?

weren't they on the travelling stage?

Claymation at it's finest

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:18 pm Profile
 [ 2100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 210  Next