Last visit was: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 pm It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 pm

[ 2187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 219  Next
 Remember When 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Remember When
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I grew up to be a nice old sh!t ;)

Now see? I wasn't thinking OLD at all!

To paraphrase Jefferson Airplane:

"YOU'RE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL!"

Another song acid-etched in my brain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbshnvztGA

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Master

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

Less than 2 weeks from now I'll be sleeping in my tent at the Park

I'm starting to feel a lot younger and have a constant grin on my face :D

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:44 am Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

Less than 2 weeks from now I'll be sleeping in my tent at the Park

I'm starting to feel a lot younger and have a constant grin on my face :D

EAR TO EAR!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Sounds like a Koolaid smile! 8-)

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:44 pm Profile
Wanee Master

As I hunt for a reasonable flight to a Vegas... Remember when there were cheap flights to places? Like Atlanta for $69 or Vegas super cheap? I used to fly home to Mass often for less than $200 not too long ago. Not anymore... Booooooooo!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master

remember when flying was the stylish way to go, now a days it's like a flying Greyhound Bus with rude sick people coughing on you

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 am Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
now a days it's like a flying Greyhound Bus with rude sick people coughing on you

Last year my daughter flew home from visiting in New yYork with her mom. On the flight home the two of them got separated by seats. My daughter sat by a guy with Tourette's.....he snorted and wheezed and jerked and jumped all the way. I know he could not help it and I sincerely feel for the guy....My daughter could hardly take it. :cry:
And in no way am I criticizing the guy.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
remember when flying was the stylish way to go, now a days it's like a flying Greyhound Bus with rude sick people coughing on you

I am, in my respects, still remarkably old-fashioned. I still dress nicely for plane trips. Guys in tank tops just don't do it for me on the plane.

Off the plane, either. Let me qualify that before somebody gets flagged for piling on.

Wait. That's worse.

It does remind me of the great time when Tom Brookshire was calling an NFL game, and at one point a running back was tackled, and he said (direct quote):

"And SOMENAME is stacked up under four 'Skins."

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I seem to have the best luck flying. Either an empty seat beside me, or when I am in a bad seat, the attendant comes to me to be the 'seat by the wing exit' guy... more legroom.. :) I have gone out to dinner twice with women that I was fortunate enough to be seated next to.

One of my MANY flights back and forth in 2008 getting VolkeMom moved down and the house sold etc etc etc I was on Jet Blue going Burlington to Orlando, and it was PACKED. Across the aisle from me were three ladies who were ...um... using ALL the space available in their seats. (They were large..) Packed in next to each other, had trouble lowering their trays down. Me? Window seat and BOTH the others empty. Soooo.. I had the armrests up and was kicked back laying across all three.
I dress very well when flying, and tip the attendant heavily on the first drink.( A good opening line - " I understand all purchases are card only...may I tip in cash?" use that , and I GUARANTEE good drink cart service. ;) )
Sooo.. I have a good buzz going. It was getting near the end of the serving time in flight, and I was anxious to get another couple before last call. So I moved to the aisle seat, and was looking to make eye contact with the Attendant.
The lady in the aisle seat across from me popped out her earbud, and asked " What does it take to get three seats to yourself?" I was a bit buzzed, and being a smartass (MOI?!?!) so I replied " Buy three tickets."
The lady gave a snort/grunt of disapproval, and popped her earbud back in. I got two more vodka tonics, and enjoyed the rest of the flight. I even had the attendant take a picture of me kicked back across the seats just to remember. One of the few bright spots in an otherwise stressful time of life.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:00 am Profile WWW
 [ 2187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 219  Next