Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 am




 [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 63  Next
 Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday 12PM 
Author Message
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
HUH... my reply never posted. ??

Anyhoo, I do understand about hotoil, drunks, etc. Some see these as challenges to work with, others see them as insurmountable obstacles. Past experiences I guess. I was reacting to AndieBee's posting "" Tami says I can have my deep fryer if I'm good!"" which gave me the impression that there *might* be one there. I see it may just be a joke now. :)

Maybe I was overestimating the organization of the M&G, and underestimating the earliness of the drunkenness. I will plan on some easier 'safer' food for the general consumption.

I am a little past the 'blasted at noon' stage of my party life, but do remember those days....sorta..

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
I'll be there (maybe solo but definitely with pimento cheese) Keep me updated if anything else is wanted or needed please.


Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 am
Posts: 1617
Location: Southwest Florida
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Volkemon wrote:
I am a little past the 'blasted at noon' stage of my party life, but do remember those days....sorta..


Sure, if you're talkin' about one day at a time.(pun intended)

But for many of us, Thursday noon will be 5 to six days into the Partay that is Wanee! It could be a bit shakey by then. :lol:

_________________
Fell off the wagon,
and got on the bus.


Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Thanks for the frame of reference Mushdaddy!

(Love the pun... I am a (moderate) drinker, but Mom is a friend of Bill for 30 yrs. )

I am arriving Tuesday, and was wondering if the crowds would be starting.. I see they will be. WooooooHooooo!!

Looking forward to meeting many of you good folk.

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6523
Location: Florida
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Volkemon wrote:
HUH... my reply never posted. ??

Anyhoo, I do understand about hotoil, drunks, etc. Some see these as challenges to work with, others see them as insurmountable obstacles. Past experiences I guess. I was reacting to AndieBee's posting "" Tami says I can have my deep fryer if I'm good!"" which gave me the impression that there *might* be one there. I see it may just be a joke now. :)

Maybe I was overestimating the organization of the M&G, and underestimating the earliness of the drunkenness. I will plan on some easier 'safer' food for the general consumption.

I am a little past the 'blasted at noon' stage of my party life, but do remember those days....sorta..


A sober, somber reply to your post. I will not be drinking at the Meet and Greet. Not because I don't like to party, but because honestly, too much party at the M & G and I would probably run out of steam and miss the music. I'm old and pretty much a lightweight. As for organization, you're correct, we aren't overly organized. Just simple people throwing a party for our friends and neighbors. Also, I WILL have a deep fryer. I plan on doing some shrimp the weekend before. So if you'd like to bring some kick ass wings, think about coming early, I'll have everything ready to go and even help you out if you like.

Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hand....

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
WooooHoooo!!

OK then. It is final. Fryer on!!

I will be there wednesday AM. ~5 hrs travel, so it depends on when I leave the house.

I will be there early with wings and sauce. I better make a few batches of sauce NOW. :lol:

1. Andie Bee - Jambalaya, Mandle Bread, Margarita Machine, Mixers, Plates and silverware.
2. djkeeb69 - Keeb's Cheese Ball, although this year a quadruple batch, as the double batch didn’t make it far last year
3. Dartdog82 - I'll have my same ol' bottle of Crown and a cooler full of clean Ice for the peeps who make cocktails
4. Viper and Mrs. Viper - I know a bottle of Jack....so kind of food not sure what yet!
5. Grandmacracker and Jeredog/Bear - some sipping whiskey, some real dirty rice, and some spicy white chicken chili, and more plates and silverware. Andie I have some lights to string for nighttime decoration and some tapestries as well.
6. Fran and Bob - will bring more award winning chili because last year 3 gallons lasted 30 mins. GET BUSY FRAN
7. Capt Brian/Mrs. Falcon – Wanee Nectar of some type, cherries, mystery jello shots. Sure there will be something else. Emu? Squirrel?
8. Mikewiththnumers - Too early to say what I will bring other than hugs and smiles.
9. WanneVirgin - Unsure...But I will be there with something.
10. Mule4ever- A couple six packs of good NC brew at least.
11. MiguelSpain - Two bottles of Rioja wine, which is one of the best in the world!
12. Treehugger and Hugginthetreehugger - bringing our cherries soaked in Bacardi 151 for the Cherry tasting contest. Will be bringing more stuff but not sure what yet.
13. PeggyO - Bottomless Bloody Marys and some brunch-type vittles, since it will be so early in the day!
14. BigWinTrip – TBD
15. Canyon Critter and Friends-Magic & Normal Rice Krispy Treats and the Music
16. Jeff and Teresa - Broccoli/Cheese Salad
17. Patrick and Andrew - We will def bring booze of some sort and food as well. Both of which will be determined as it gets closer.
18. Mountain – TBD
19. Manikwest – TBD
20. Roller6012 - will finally make it this year after trying three years! Will have some local corn whiskey aka firewater to share and hopefully a batch of homemade beer.
21. Katimus and Trav - Whatever we are in need of when it gets closer... Just let me know what is missing AndieBee!
22. Jeff & Pam - potato salad and whatever else we need to bring
23. Jeff & Sue (EnjoyingTheRide and Mrs.) - TBD
24. Alex and Happysoul - Nectar, home brew, Rita's squares
25. Petewhit - balls
26. frenchiejess & Jason - a heaping helping of Jason.....and probably something else
27. mushdaddy - cheese & crackers + TBD
28. Sean and Brett - Some form of libations. Possibly a dip of some kind. The food will be determined a little closer.
29. Trent and kela - Tennessee's finest moonshine.
30. Mariam & Brent- TBD sugared pecans maybe or spicy quinoa? maybe both?
31. Cinnamon bun and shaw,,,,reservation for two summer sausage and cheese, crown reserve and something special that I'm forbidden to plan.
32. Reverend Hugh - Fish! Good Lord willin' and the fish bitin'
33. Scrog - an empty belly and some extra Tutus
34. Ecosense - I will bring some of the Helens Hilton Wanee famous jello shots! Cannot wait to see everyone!
#35 Spyder Stan - Hummus and Chips
36. Volkemon - Great attitude, firewood, and WINGZ. 8-)

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:50 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Charlottesville , Va
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Can't wait! it was just so great to meet you all last year! I am thinking of what to bring....Love laughter and happiness,
marebearz


Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:42 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am
Posts: 911
Location: Sweet Home Orlando
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Volkemon wrote:
WooooHoooo!!

OK then. It is final. Fryer on!!

I will be there wednesday AM. ~5 hrs travel, so it depends on when I leave the house.

I will be there early with wings and sauce. I better make a few batches of sauce NOW. :lol:

1. Andie Bee - Jambalaya, Mandle Bread, Margarita Machine, Mixers, Plates and silverware.
2. djkeeb69 - Keeb's Cheese Ball, although this year a quadruple batch, as the double batch didn’t make it far last year
3. Dartdog82 - I'll have my same ol' bottle of Crown and a cooler full of clean Ice for the peeps who make cocktails
4. Viper and Mrs. Viper - I know a bottle of Jack....so kind of food not sure what yet!
5. Grandmacracker and Jeredog/Bear - some sipping whiskey, some real dirty rice, and some spicy white chicken chili, and more plates and silverware. Andie I have some lights to string for nighttime decoration and some tapestries as well.
6. Fran and Bob - will bring more award winning chili because last year 3 gallons lasted 30 mins. GET BUSY FRAN
7. Capt Brian/Mrs. Falcon – Wanee Nectar of some type, cherries, mystery jello shots. Sure there will be something else. Emu? Squirrel?
8. Mikewiththnumers - Too early to say what I will bring other than hugs and smiles.
9. WanneVirgin - Unsure...But I will be there with something.
10. Mule4ever- A couple six packs of good NC brew at least.
11. MiguelSpain - Two bottles of Rioja wine, which is one of the best in the world!
12. Treehugger and Hugginthetreehugger - bringing our cherries soaked in Bacardi 151 for the Cherry tasting contest. Will be bringing more stuff but not sure what yet.
13. PeggyO - Bottomless Bloody Marys and some brunch-type vittles, since it will be so early in the day!
14. BigWinTrip – TBD
15. Canyon Critter and Friends-Magic & Normal Rice Krispy Treats and the Music
16. Jeff and Teresa - Broccoli/Cheese Salad
17. Patrick and Andrew - We will def bring booze of some sort and food as well. Both of which will be determined as it gets closer.
18. Mountain – TBD
19. Manikwest – TBD
20. Roller6012 - will finally make it this year after trying three years! Will have some local corn whiskey aka firewater to share and hopefully a batch of homemade beer.
21. Katimus and Trav - Whatever we are in need of when it gets closer... Just let me know what is missing AndieBee!
22. Jeff & Pam - potato salad and whatever else we need to bring
23. Jeff & Sue (EnjoyingTheRide and Mrs.) - TBD
24. Alex and Happysoul - Nectar, home brew, Rita's squares
25. Petewhit - balls
26. frenchiejess & Jason - a heaping helping of Jason.....and probably something else
27. mushdaddy - cheese & crackers + TBD
28. Sean and Brett - Some form of libations. Possibly a dip of some kind. The food will be determined a little closer.
29. Trent and kela - Tennessee's finest moonshine.
30. Mariam & Brent- TBD sugared pecans maybe or spicy quinoa? maybe both?
31. Cinnamon bun and shaw,,,,reservation for two summer sausage and cheese, crown reserve and something special that I'm forbidden to plan.
32. Reverend Hugh - Fish! Good Lord willin' and the fish bitin'
33. Scrog - an empty belly and some extra Tutus
34. Ecosense - I will bring some of the Helens Hilton Wanee famous jello shots! Cannot wait to see everyone!
#35 Spyder Stan - Hummus and Chips
36. Volkemon - Great attitude, firewood, and WINGZ. 8-)

37. The Lightman - Lights, Cups, Hugs and Smiles


Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1172
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Volkemon wrote:
WooooHoooo!!
~5 hrs travel,


Are ya walkin' or ridin' a mule? :o :o :lol: :lol: Only takes me about 3 hours from the Island! 8-) 8-)

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6523
Location: Florida
Post Re: Official 2013 Meet & Greet Info and Check In!! Thursday
Capt Brian wrote:
Volkemon wrote:
WooooHoooo!!
~5 hrs travel,


Are ya walkin' or ridin' a mule? :o :o :lol: :lol: Only takes me about 3 hours from the Island! 8-) 8-)


Maybe he's in a drunken conga line!

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 am Profile
 [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 63  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.