Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:54 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:54 am

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 BOS/SOS Family 
Wanee Master

Post BOS/SOS Family
We are the Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee SOS/BOS, we are more than a group of people, we are more than just friends... we are Family... We share a love of life, smiles, shenanigans, music and Wanee to say the least. We meet on the Wanee Festival Forum years ago, some newer than others, first as a group that shared just our devotion for such an Amazing festival at one of the most magical places on Earth, the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park... and with these ingredients a bond was formed. As we grew past the simple bond for music, we starting understanding each other on a whole new level. A sense of togetherness was evolving with us. A Family was born, not one based on birth (although some were) , but based on love for one another, as people with a complete disregard for race, age, political views, life styles, sex, sexual preference..etc etc.. as equals with a profound love for GOOD music, Nature and above all else Smiles.. We help each other at a drop of the hat, we assist when ever need, offer help to others as often as we can, even if we arent in the best position ourselves... being good to one another is the gift in itself. Some of us live together a total of a few months a year, in the form of festivals, concerts and just good hearted visits, thats the type of togetherness we have here. I am proud to know each member of this Family, i love all of them and am always happy when we find like minded souls to grace our self and welcome them to the family with same love , care and devotion to one another. So for older members you know how i feel already, and for the newer member i can only tell you this... what we have here is special, and if you are here, it means you too are special... check the bad at the door and embrace the love! :) Peace love and Wanee!!

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: BOS/SOS Family
Our Brothee liketosmoke wrote this:

The Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee
The Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee is a group of folks that met on this forum who share the same feelings of peace and harmony through music. The centerpiece and gathering place of our group is, of course, the Wanee Festival. This Wanee will be our third, and it's guaranteed to be the best one yet.

Besides being apolitical, we also don't consider race, creed, color, sex, nationality or religion when embracing a brother or sister in the spirit of friendship. That's what it's like at Wanee. We become a big family for a few days a year, and every year the family gets bigger and better!

There is some true magic that happens when Wanee rolls around. Our unofficial leader is Doug (A.K.A. Wanee Lover, our forum moderator). Him and his wife, exemplify the spirit of Wanee. I've learned a lot from them about kindness, giving, and friendship; and how to produce good karma.

I'm not mentioning any more names, but we've had our fair share of heartwarming sentiment from many members of this forum.

We've had people give away and/or buy complete strangers tickets. We have a guy who makes a load of Wanee punch for all to share. We have a girl who cooks monster meals for our party. We have people bringing bottles of liquor to share. We have so many random acts of kindness going on, it's impossible to list here. You get the picture.

The great part is that all newcomers are welcome to join in. If you want to be a part of it, all you got to do is show up at one of our gatherings with a handshake and a smile. The Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee are far from being perfect, in fact we're still a work in progress, but I truly believe in the underlying force that brings us all together. It can be best described as:

The Spirit of The Suwannee

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Well said Brother Adam...
Love to you and all. :)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Master

Very well said, my Wife Teresa was overwhelmed with the amount of love shown her the first time meeting the Family at MagFest.
What we have is truly special and should be cherished.
Good people are welcome and sh!tty attitudes are welcome to leave.
Look forward to seeing some of you in St Pete next week and the rest of you on a Monday-Sunday in April. 8-)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

:) :) :)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Amen! I agree with this message! Much love to all, as there's plenty to go around!

There are things that music can do that language could never do, that painting can never do, or sculpture. Music is capable of going directly to the source of the mystery. It doesn't have to explain it. It can simply celebrate it.(and make you dance your azzoff!)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I love this thread well said Adam :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

Well said Brother....well said! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks yall, just thought id do a udpated version for the newer members both here and on the FB side! :)

ImageImageImage

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

djkeeb69 wrote:
Thanks yall, just thought id do a udpated version for the newer members both here and on the FB side! :)

;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next