Last visit was: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:39 am It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:39 am

[ 9 posts ] 
 The First Cut is the Deepest.... 
Wanee Lover

Post The First Cut is the Deepest....
....or how about 'Cuts Like a Knife'.....

....maybe something by Cutting Crew?

I could go on....but this isn't about music....this is about a 6 year old boy who learned a very important lesson about pocket knives yesterday....and his mom who is all set to run away and start drinking.

So, the kids and I were leaving a park yesterday (where we had a fantastic hike), and Zaven was trying to open a toy he's begged for at the visitor's center gift shop. He asked for scissors to cut those plastic zip ties that hold every toy onto its cardboard backing (I hate those things). I told him all I had was a pocket knife in the console of the car, and that I'd do it in a second. Those of you who have met my son Zaven KNOW that waiting is not his style. :x

Before I'd even LEFT THE PARKING LOT, Zaven was screaming....and his older sister was screaming....and his younger sister was screaming. His hand had slipped and he'd cut a deep gash across the top of his index finger and through his nail.

We were an hour away from our house, and I was not familiar with the area, but luckily there was a hospital less than 2 miles away. So, I brought my entire posse to the ER. Two and a half hours, a lot of blood and a flood of tears later, and Zaven is now the owner of 4 new stitches, a super ugly cracked nail & a crazy-ass story.

BTW- did you know that the tip of your finger can't be numbed as much as the rest of your hand can? So somebody, a 6 yr old boy for example, can FEEL the stitches going in? Yeah....they don't like that very much. :shock:

So, that was my adventure yesterday. :shock: :?

BTW- Here's a gross picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke7stk4hrbrps ... 0.jpg?dl=0

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: The First Cut is the Deepest....
"The waiting is the hardest part..."

Well done to manage the crisis and keep your wits about you.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:25 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Glad the boy will be ok but sorry he had to endure the pain of the stitches. I still have a scar from a box cutter knife I was learning how to use a long, long time ago. Probably still have the scar because I hid the cut from my parents.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:( I hope that this is a lesson that he only has to learn once! Show him Jerry's finger(or lack of).

There are things that music can do that language could never do, that painting can never do, or sculpture. Music is capable of going directly to the source of the mystery. It doesn't have to explain it. It can simply celebrate it.(and make you dance your azzoff!)

Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Poor Zaven. I hope he's learned a valuable lesson. I hope you've kept your sanity and I hope you know I giggled a little at the thought of you wrangling those younguns in the ER.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:01 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

we had two boys it happens for the old timers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZK8UmvTocQ

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

How's the boy's finger? He will need it when he learns to drive! :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ReverendHugh wrote:
How's the boy's finger? He will need it when he learns to drive! :lol:

Too true...

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Hope it wasn't on his nose -picking hand. :D

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:12 am Profile
 [ 9 posts ]