Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival 2013: 2/21-24 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival 2013: 2/21-24
mccjeff wrote:
Donna the Buffalo? Sure, seen them multiple times. Awesome funky roots zydeco influenced jam. Tara Nivens and Jeb Puryear are great as a duo too. He is a vastly underated song writer.

Or was that not the question?

:D

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ahhhhhhh. I missed it. I was either still asleep, hadn't had enough sleep, hadn't had enough cofee or had too much coffee.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Jensen B Gator wrote:
It would almost be worth going to Dade County for.

You will be amongst like-minded folks , if you do venture... it'll be a gathering of the festy types that call SoFla home. And quite a bunch of out of towners too...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
It would almost be worth going to Dade County for.

You will be amongst like-minded folks , if you do venture... it'll be a gathering of the festy types that call SoFla home. And quite a bunch of out of towners too...

Already got plans over in Naples.

Have fun.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Indeed, it was WAY fun!

Many fantastic sets; some bands I tend to think of as 'just okay' knocked it out of the park. Thankfully the weather was perfect, and the grooves flowed, as did the love and smiles. Lots of my hardcore Herd / Magnolia / SOSMP pals were in attendance. Headliners Rusted Root and Inner Circle were both killer. GO SEE RUSTED ROOT if they stumble by your neighborhood!!! They were really quite awesome.

In the unscheduled fringe benefits dept., Billy Gilmore's band Uproot Hootenany threw down a late-night jam at their campsite Thursday night. And on Friday night, Donna the Buffalo's keys wizard David McCracken worked the turntables for an after hours dance party. Unfortunately, I made a calculated decision not to camp, so we missed out on both of these. But that just adds incentive to *do it right* the next time... ;)

Attendance was sparse, perhaps only 1500 admits? Certainly there is room to grow this festy, and from talking to some of the folks who know, this is indeed the plan for the Grassroots folks. They are committed for the long run to continue this event. So keep an eye out for this fest; you could do way worse for an off-season festival / winter vacation experience. I predict that it will get more better :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:53 am Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2