Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am

[ 2 posts ] 
 Just back. 
Wanee Pro

Post Just back.
All I can say is, WOW! What an awesome time. This was my first time to Wanee but definitely not the last. Rain was a bit of a downer, but I'll take it over blazing sun any day. It was raining good when we got there on thursday but let up in the evening, kinda light rain on and off all day if I remember correctly. Went to LTS's meet and greet and met a lot of the regulars here. Didn't get to hang with them much but I can't say enough what a nice group of people they all were. LTS and Mrs. LTS are some of the nicest people I've ever met. We had a great site in horse camp. It was high and dry, grassy, not muddy, and we could easily hear music at either stage from our camp site. I would camp there again in a heartbeat. I had never seen any of these bands live before and I was very pleasantly surprised. There was not one bad performance, I really liked all the acts. Mule and ABB absolutely blew my mind. I also really liked Hill Country Revue, Dumpstaphunk, Doobies, and Grace potter. Unfortunately we missed both late night shows. It's just such a long day and even though I tried to pace myself I just couldn't make it that late. I'm used to getting up early, so was up at 8 a.m. all weekend and couldn't make it til 2. I did stay up and listen most of the Wailers set at our camp last night and it sounded pretty good. I won VIP tickets, and that was a nice experience, Not sure if I would have paid $353 a piece but it was nice having free food (food was really good), clean, working, private bathrooms, cheap beer, and a good, and un-muddy, place to view the show. The field at the peach stage was pretty much a mud bog by Saturday. Anyways, I'm still a little foggy, but just wanted to post a quick review. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did. See ya next year!!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:19 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Just back.
The vibe was great at Wanee. The music soared, the rain was expected and the vending was wonderful. Much bigger than last year's. My musical highlights were DBT, Jorma, ABB and The Wailers.
I did not like all the reports I heard about the road blocks from my fellow brothers and sisters. f!*k those drug sniffing dogs and all that BS.

7/17 Ratdog ATL
7/18 Ratdog ATL
7/19 Ratdog ST. AUG
8/02 Snoop Dogg, Stephen Marley (acoustic) ST. AUG
8/14 Michael Franti & Spearhead ST. AUG

http://www.myspace.com/worldscollideinc

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 pm Profile WWW
 [ 2 posts ]