Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 pm

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 too many chairs were dancing should be 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: too many chairs were dancing should be
This is a chronic problem at Spirit of the Suwannee. I gave up on it, I just accept I can't move up and dance to the bands I like. Its stupid, but its so ingrained now that I don't know if it can be changed.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

They implemented a no chair area at the main stage at Jazzfest and it seemed to work out pretty well. Of course you have to have staff to police it.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Who couldn't dance, there were people dancing all over. In front in back. Maybe you couldn't get up front because you got there late. Whose fault is that?

it is a two way street. If someone wants to sit and enjoy the show they deserve as much respect as those who want to dance. People enjoy this music differently.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

As for people leaving empty chairs all day that is BS. Those chairs are fair game. They should be nicely moved to the back. If people were gone for multiple sets I moved into their spots.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:21 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

i agree 100, thought it was general admission? planting a chair should not be a reserved seat! some of those things(chairs) are double wide W/ a tray in the middle and a foot rest or a roof which some fool would put up and down for every sprinkle during fri. ABB show. SOS should at least have a dance area in front!!!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

It used to be the chair people would grab just most of the front row,they would set them up early in the day and i never saw chairs on the left side of stage(i'm talking about first 3 rows).
Now!!!!!WTF i've never seen so many chairs that close to the stage.I could not get 20 feet from the front most of the day( the shroom stage was not like this at all)
I almost got in a fight with a guy a few years ago over a chair and I am not a fighter at all!!!!
I think that chairs should no be allowed in the first 20 rows then people can get up front and get away from the front,It was alot harder to wade thru that crowd leaving then coming.
I don't know but I have never like the chair thing that close and I guess I never will

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm over 50 and chairs are for pussies!!!!!! :roll:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Gotta agree with cybergaloot . . . . IF you chair-haters are so fortunate as to LIVE another 20-30 years to attend Wanee, then you'll be wanting a chair too! As yo Mama would say, "you just mark my words . . . " :roll:

With folks that are standing and sitting, use your head for something beside parking your hat! Common sense would tell you not to park your chairs and leave them there all day. We didn't. We also didn't feel like our whole group had to sit side-by-side all cozy (we stayed in the same cabin together -- we didn't need any more togetherness!) - - - we could sit and make friends with other folks (in chairs and standing!) and not have to be all in a row, blocking the way. But dancing folk shouldn't dance across my feet if I'm sitting OR standing -- we had both. Give me a little space to shake it, even if I'm older . . . . see??

An example would be that I stood for Drive-By-Truckers. It just seemed like the thing to do . . . on the other hand, I went back in time to see the end of the Doobies and sat, conserving my energy for the ABB set. After the ABB got cranked up, we realized it was time to fold the chairs . . . things were getting crowded and everybody was dancing.

I had a grand time . . . but I sure am glad I had my chair. Can't go and stand for hours on end any more.

Peace and Love,

red_dirt_girl
1954 model with a lotta miles left in her :twisted:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

There is a big difference between the Peach & Mushroom stages when comes to the dancers vs sitters thing. That is simply that the Mushroom stage is a bowl so you can sit higher up and still see well. But come to Springfest and see if you can dance down there in the flat part! It will be full of chairs.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Yea, IMO the only reason most have the impression that the Mushroom Stage is better is because there was alot of mud and standing water down there that kept the chairs out this year.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:44 am Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next