Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S
Best one yet comment is def. influenced by being a prisoner of the moment...kinda what handsnFeet said -but the opposite?
did that make sense?

It is a blessing to get to see ABB every April. Truth. Dying to hear JB and Gregg do Just Like a Woman hopefully...

also I find it incredibly interesting that after the Mike Gordon Band absolutely killed the mushroom stage with greatness especially the cover 'Down by the Night Club' that LN went out and booked the OGs of that-THe Tower Of Power!!! What a treat! Too bad Little Feat couldn't be with them but its all goood

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Im still very disappointed that I cant make it this year, because the combination of Wanee and SoS is magical, but.....nothing about this lineup makes it an absolute cant miss lineup in my book. Especially with the knowledge that both Panic sets will likely be daytime sets. Not much genre diversity, no real home run late night sets, missing some of my favorite smaller name acts that often make an appearance (Particle, ZD, etc). A step back from the previous couple years in my opinion. Maybe its just my justification for not being able to go though ;)

And no matter what, Im sure its going to be an amazing time!

I kind of agree having two nights with two headliners really limits the overall diversity from a cost standpoint. My favorite year was 2011. Having WSP for one night freed up some cash to diversify the lineup. Not complaining but you really have to love WSP to get your moneys worth.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I love the lineup. Some say it's a step back, but let's all be honest, none of us want this fest to turn into Bonnaroo. If it keeps getting bigger and bigger, then that's what is going to happen to Wanee. The last thing I want at Wanee is 100,000 frat boys and woo girls.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

JamBandFanMan wrote:
I love the lineup. Some say it's a step back, but let's all be honest, none of us want this fest to turn into Bonnaroo. If it keeps getting bigger and bigger, then that's what is going to happen to Wanee. The last thing I want at Wanee is 100,000 frat boys and woo girls.

True but a little more diversity like 2011 would have been really nice. If you are not a diehard Allman/WSP fan I could definitely see not liking it at all.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I think its great line-up finnaly Michael Franti at Wanee :!: :? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

For me last year's lineup didn't inspire me to push through a conflict to get to the fest but this year is can't miss again. I came into this music through the live Grateful Dead experience but Furthur doesn't bowl me over. When Phil & Friends aren't around I'm more interested in other parts of the scene. WSMFP is a high energy, can't miss experience. This lineup is good old fashioned Southern-Fried Wanee. I'm excited to see that focus back. Pumped to see Les Claypool and Maceo Parker on the bill. We get Robert Randolph AND The Lee Boys. Tower of Power AND Dirty Dozen. Leon AND Hot Tuna. NMA AND Blackberry Smoke. Spearhead AND Steel Pulse. All killer, very Wanee-Flavored.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Dartdog82 wrote:
I think its great line-up finnaly Michael Franti at Wanee :!: :? :D

YELL FIYAAA

YOYOYO

How U FEELin?

I just want to see a 15 minute drum solo following No One Left To Run With..with Butch getting down with a bunch of guests getting loose..

Chilly Water with Warren Maggot Brain with Dt
Jimmy on Les Brers a minor Luther on SBDB

fire it up

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

TheAntelope wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Im still very disappointed that I cant make it this year, because the combination of Wanee and SoS is magical, but.....nothing about this lineup makes it an absolute cant miss lineup in my book. Especially with the knowledge that both Panic sets will likely be daytime sets. Not much genre diversity, no real home run late night sets, missing some of my favorite smaller name acts that often make an appearance (Particle, ZD, etc). A step back from the previous couple years in my opinion. Maybe its just my justification for not being able to go though ;)

And no matter what, Im sure its going to be an amazing time!

I wish they'd let Panic go.

of course you do.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

JamBandFanMan wrote:

Well Im pretty sure NO ONE wants that! Bonnaroo is pretty much un doable these days for me, no matter what the line up. I was in no means suggesting they go out and grab big name, mediocre talent, bordering on pop star acts like Bonnaroo. I just think they'd benefit from more diversity. This years line up is pretty much all southern jam rock, which is fine, thats the roots of this festival. But its missing some things in doing that. Throw in a little bluegrass, bring back a jamtronica act or two. Even the straight up jam bands are lacking this year. 2011 was about as perfect a music festival lineup as I have ever seen. And granted, there was an extra day of music, so its not quite a fair comparision, but even with that in mind this years is no where near the greatness of that lineup. This years lineup just seems, uninspired.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Are more acts going to be announced as we get closer :?: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 pm Profile WWW
 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next