Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 am It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 am

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S 
Wanee Master

Post Re: This years wanee lineup=MONSTER SIZED (.)(.)S
I like it... line up is awesome to me.... i was for sure SCI was going to be there... cant be right all the time... Ragetastic!! WSMFP!!!

ImageImageImage

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

:shock: I love all my Brothers and Sisters, but will not be at this years event. Hans and I waited until the lineup and are not sad we didn't buy early bird tickets. I love the ABB, but after Greg's unhealthy performance last year and Mule's four song set, we waited.

We are fortunate to live in the ATL and will be seeing Eric, Buddy & Jonny, and WSMFP here.

We will not be able to duplicate the fun camping and love exchange. :cry: We will dance and smile with you who will be here for our local shows.

Peace, Love and Hugs
Wanee Love

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

atlanta hippie wrote:
:shock: I love all my Brothers and Sisters, but will not be at this years event. Hans and I waited until the lineup and are not sad we didn't buy early bird tickets. I love the ABB, but after Greg's unhealthy performance last year and Mule's four song set, we waited.

We are fortunate to live in the ATL and will be seeing Eric, Buddy & Jonny, and WSMFP here.

We will not be able to duplicate the fun camping and love exchange. :cry: We will dance and smile with you who will be here for our local shows.

Peace, Love and Hugs
Wanee Love

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm Profile
Wanee Master

atlanta hippie wrote:

Peace, Love and Hugs
Wanee Love

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

ImageImageImage

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
but..... 1) nothing about this lineup makes it an absolute cant miss lineup in my book. Especially with the knowledge that both Panic sets will likely be daytime sets. Not much genre diversity, 2) no real home run late night sets, missing some of my favorite smaller name acts that often make an appearance (Particle, ZD, etc). 3) A step back from the previous couple years in my opinion. Maybe its just my justification for not being able to go though ;)

It's funny how opinions differ because:
1) I was TOTALLY skipping Wanee this year, until this morning! (Finally got my passport a little over a year ago, far more interested in spending money/vacation time on international travel these days!)

2) No schedule yet, so you are totally assuming that. Mule and TTB latenights would be absolute homeruns in my book... and very possible! (I would expect Mule to either Headline Thur or have a latenight... gonna be a lot of pissed of mule fans if all they get is an hour in the afternoon after last year!!)

3) I totally disagree... this will be my fourth Wanee in a row, and by FAAAAAR my favorite lineup!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

as always, i'll be interested in hearing from artists that i haven't experienced before.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

shaw23 wrote:
as always, i'll be interested in hearing from artists that i haven't experienced before.

hand clap

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:00 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Right you are, Shaw. It's always great "discovering" somebody you knew little or nothing about who rocks the place.

And this entire discussion is about different strokes for different folks. It's why some people gravitate toward mag Fest and others to Bear Creek.

There are 13 acts on the list I have never seen and several others I haven't seen in years.

But really, what can you say?

ABB, WSMFP, Mule, & TTB

As some of us might say, DAYENU. It would have been sufficient.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

When everyone says its an Allman Brothers festival in terms of Panic being there, what link does Panic have to ABB? Jimmy Herring?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

TheAntelope wrote:
When everyone says its an Allman Brothers festival in terms of Panic being there, what link does Panic have to ABB? Jimmy Herring?

Jammy Southern Rock with lots of guitar and percussion? I'd say describing Panic as the ABB's illegitimate lovechild wouldn't be an unreasonable simile...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm Profile
 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next