Last visit was: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Chairs 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Chairs
Festy Experience (Infamous Stringdusters fest in VA mntns) has a no chairs in front of soundboard rule. And no chairs left overnight. But it is a much smaller fest. This is a bit dissapointing to hear that people park chairs up front and leave them there. I get that some people need to sit for the majority of a weekend fest or else their knees won't make it but... The pit should be for dancing.

*First time I've pimped Festy on this board! But it won't be the last.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
RvrRat wrote:
one more.......

That's a great idea where is that at?

FloydFest 12

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Looked like Floyd stage.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Magfest was the worst about the chairs. We went to the mushroom stage/amphitheater in the evening and there were chairs EVERYWHERE. Everyone that was standing was forced to stand in the middle section behind the tent or along the fence. At 5'4" I was staring through a hole between someone's head and a pole to even get a glimpse. I've never seen so many old people in chairs put out by the stream of walking people trying to find a suitable spot to stand. :lol: :roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Lovin' Life wrote:
I've never seen so many old people in chairs put out by the stream of walking people trying to find a suitable spot to stand. :lol: :roll:

I resemble that remark!!! :lol: But you won't find my chair (if I even have one) anywhere near the front!!! :)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

mccjeff wrote:
Festy Experience (Infamous Stringdusters fest in VA mntns) has a no chairs in front of soundboard rule. And no chairs left overnight. But it is a much smaller fest. This is a bit dissapointing to hear that people park chairs up front and leave them there. I get that some people need to sit for the majority of a weekend fest or else their knees won't make it but... The pit should be for dancing.

*First time I've pimped Festy on this board! But it won't be the last.

I've been wanting to go to this but it's sooo close to the Mag Fest date.....I just can't do camping festivals two weekends in a row. Maybe this year, it's only a couple of hours from me.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Never let a chair stand in your way!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I believe at Magfest this year...they said you could put your chairs up front....that they would have a dance area off to the side. I kept my distance...but that is what they put out in advance.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I left the Mushroom Stage before Emy Lou came out because of all the stink eyes fro people parked on their ass in the prime areas. I listened from the road then went to see CRB

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I was blown out by the chairs at the Sunshine Blues Festival in St. Pete on Jan. 20. TTB, Dr. John, Jaimoe, Sonny Landreth, etc.

I thought I was looking at an auditorium. Almost the entire area up front was chair-covered. That was my first real blues festival, so I sort of get it, since, after a while, a LOT of the music sounded not very different. But still!

I'm a chair guy, but I would never do that. I suppose it helps that, at 61, I was at about the median and mode age-wise!

AARP should have had a booth!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm Profile
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next