Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 am

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 too many chairs were dancing should be 
Wanee Gnome

Post too many chairs were dancing should be
the evolution of the lawn chair at a festival is a major pet peeve of mine.What happened to dance floors at concerts.I think it's bs that the big wigs don't let the dancers get up front to do what is supposed be done when music is playing.I think it's bull$hit that you have to wade through a sea of g dam lawn chairs to see music.The only place to dance is way in the back because the festivel culture has evolved into a bunch selfish A$$holes who plant their$hit right in the front of the stage.These tickets were gifted to me so I was obligated to go.The music was great and I have been to many fest at sos and I generally don't go anymore because of this issue.Even back in the day at magfest when there was a dance tent called the dance tent mind you selfish a$$holes would plant their chairs in the front and would scowl at you if you bumped into them.To all you chair people stay home and rent the dvd

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: too many chairs were dancing should be
I feel the same way about the chairs. I thought we were at a festival not the royal albert hall.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

madhatter70 wrote:
the evolution of the lawn chair at a festival is a major pet peeve of mine.What happened to dance floors at concerts.I think it's bs that the big wigs don't let the dancers get up front to do what is supposed be done when music is playing.I think it's bull$hit that you have to wade through a sea of g dam lawn chairs to see music.The only place to dance is way in the back because the festivel culture has evolved into a bunch selfish A$$holes who plant their$hit right in the front of the stage.These tickets were gifted to me so I was obligated to go.The music was great and I have been to many fest at sos and I generally don't go anymore because of this issue.Even back in the day at magfest when there was a dance tent called the dance tent mind you selfish a$$holes would plant their chairs in the front and would scowl at you if you bumped into them.To all you chair people stay home and rent the dvd

As a 3 year vet and an out of townee... I ran in to the chair issue through out the park. I always do vip to allow my wife a facility she can retreat to (health reasons). I watch/participate outside the roped in viewing area for that reason... this year it was worse...many 1st time folks only there for 40th of ABB and rumors of EC/DEAD... I tried to be cool when I said excuse me through a sea of chairs... My best time was as close to the stage @ the Peach stage.... Mushroom folk were much more dancin friendly :mrgreen: Tore er up @ DBT :D

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:17 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

I didn't really notice the chairs being an issue. I was close to the Peach stage right on the VIP line to the right of the stage. I had a chair but stood up and danced while the music was playing.

It was nice having a chair to chill on between sets.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

the chairs were horrible this year. people wont move and they get pissed when you bump into them while they are sitting as 6000 people are trying to dance and watch the ABB. THey need to not allow chairs into the concert grounds if people are going to continue to clutter the lawn in front of the stage

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Did you happen to look around? The ABB are celebrating their 40th anniversary. At least half the crowd is over 50. Many of us old farts need to sit and should not be relegated to the back of the bus just so you can shake your booty thang in front of the band. We have been supporting this band for 40 years and deserve some respect. There was plenty of room elsewhere to dance. I'm glad you like the music and want to dance, just respect others. Its a festival and all sorts of people come. Its not all about you and what you want ya know!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

yeah but the empty chairs gave me a chance to grab an empty space and relax and sit down when i needed to.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah you right Marky & cybergaloot ... It does suck when the chair owners get territorial ... But all fights can be avoided if only one party involved Refuses to participate! You too can grab a chair in the front row until the owners show up ... Then poof! There you are In the front row, even if you give back their chair! Got a great JazzFest chair story on my myspace blog, check it out. It's funny! If I do say ....

blogs.myspace.com/tipiboy

have to click older post at the bottom ...

Tuesday, July 18, 2006
You gotta fight ...

Hope you enjoy!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

This is completely ridiculous when people think they own not only the area that they are standing in, but also the area that you’d be in if you went and stood next to them. We need to welcome loving brothers and sisters into our arms and not push them away.

Having a chair is OK. Telling people they can't stand near you is being a pig!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i didnt like the chair situation either, but you gotta have fun with it. you should have seen the faces of the people whose chair i moved like 10 feet away! it was like a bomb went off " where the f are the chairs"

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 pm Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next