Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:37 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:37 am

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Lessons learned from Wanee 2009 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Lessons learned from Wanee 2009
:D Yes Doug, that was him they were on River Road on the Right heading towards the beach? It ws dark and we just stopped the golf cart in the road...and then got out this is where I met Mac at!! I saw his bike there too...I didn't drive the golf cart I am just a passenger on the back....or front but dam Tony ws giving me whiplash :lol: I was covered in mud and so messed up I didn't know it until next day :oops: When Hillari came by and parked her car then Andie came then Owly and RRat!! Yeah now it is coming back...Jeez haven't been in this type of a FOG for a LONG time :lol: :lol: You & your beautiful wife, LTS & RiTA and who were the girls,one gave me charms I still have??? You guys are all GREAT!!!! :D

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Bring an RV or popup..being in a tent was not the best, but staying in the special persons area was awesome because we were so close to the stage. Since my mom has bad knees that really helped. Also next year Im making my own tye dye shirts..the ones at the festival were sooo expensive

Still have my wanee bracelets on too..love my tan line from them!!
Definatly coming next year and bringing more people and partying even harder

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Yeah it's Alex Ivanov! I think the young man is a strong improvisional player! I really enjoyed listening to him and he inspired my music interest. His dad handed me the bass, but I've never played one. He has great potential.....maybe a Derek of tomorrow?

Mac

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 pm Profile
Site Admin

Well - to get this thread back on track - my lesson learned is mention wanee to as many up and coming artists as possible this next year and bring my jet pack so I can make it to all 700 acres of the park and see if they are there. We loved listening to him at bikefest and hope he gets in with some good people this next year and maybe to one of the stages. If you get the chance MacDaddy - drop over to http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=1104868 and on the 2nd page of pics it has one of him and Jimmy Sexton with a caption about Derek.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:lol: :lol: JetPack...ask BADDAD about those and the weedeater blenders :o My dream was to see the MULE fly onto the stage via JETPACKS how cool would that be!! Talk about freaking people out!!! :lol: I can't believe you said that maybe we could get a discount if we bought them in quantity? :lol: I need two to get my fat @ss off of the ground.... :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I learned staying in a hotel is the best way to do a festival. I know most folks say you miss out on a lot by skipping the camping, but the fact is my friends who camped spent the afternoons napping and missing music because the late night parties kept them up.

I learned I really really like having a chair to chill in during the afternoon, but I like having it way back from the stage. The chairs close to the stage upset me a bit, but I didn't let it bother me too much.

I learned the vendor food was SUPER DANK! Big surprise here. Between the always tasty Mellow Mushroom, and the best falafels I've ever had, each culinary delight was pure win.

I learned paying to daypark is silly. Just park in the woods near the gate for free. :D

I learned that the Suwanee spigot water is perfectly fine, no need to spend tons of cash on bottled water.

I learned that the Music Park is the BOMB, and I will definitely be at Wanee next year, and I might even make Bear Creek in November!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

some very good points postjack!! I got plenty of sleep at night and we camped in a pop up, but I will tell you this..had we not had that pop up, I bet I would have caught even more music cuz I wouldn't have had the chill pad to go take refuge in when I was feeling weary. but, I'll camp again next year..just try a lot harder to get around in the morning for saturday early music. I missed a bunch and it bummed me good. :x

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

;) Excellent points Jack, my daughter kept saying that i needed to be in a hotel..yes less work for me...but we got our feats wet this yr and now will be a bit more prepared for next yr! That log cabin/hunting place that the SRMP posted are for like communial type living! I spoke to a lady there and they are five bedrooms, each has own bath, but the common areas are shared by all! Now I am not one to go and spend a few days under the same roof with strangers..but if you have a group of you for like $80 bucks a couple (or $500.00+for the whole log cabin)a night it would be fun!!! There is a fireplace and very nice full kitchen etc..They have a very good sounding facility! Nice dining, bar, fishing, hunting (no drinking tho while doing that!) Some of the BIG time Bass fisherman stay/stayed, there Bill Dance etc....SRMP needed to give them a plug sooner they said that it was kinda late when we were told about this lovely place(no don't work there never been there it just looks nice and is fairly close to the SRMP!)So check it out for next yr if ya can't find a place to stay and it might interest you? Peace... Bienville Plantation I believe is the name of the place... ;) Oh yeah gator hunting too as well as bird dogs, skeet shooting sounds like fun if your into all of that!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

NCviper wrote:
RvrRat wrote:
greeneyes wrote:
Better bet is that I'll come by myself next year!

I can save a spot for ya if you can put up with more 'old guy stuff'!

Next year, we need to find a space that has full hookup sites, water and elec sites, and primitive sites, all close together so we can all party together the whole time.

Amen Brother.....After the party I didn't see hardly anyone.... We had a full site and pently of room for 4 or 5 tents maybe more!
Hind sight,,,,,,,,,,, Damn it!!

Awe! I actually headed that way to visit late friday afternoon, but the site was empty, nobody there :(

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

Not to get sooooo wasted at the meet and greet! 8-) :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:44 pm Profile
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5