Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:19 am It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:19 am

[ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Moonshine 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Moonshine
My father made moonshine in Saudi Arabia while in the military a very long time ago. His friend at the army hospital tested it for him. He said that was more dangerous than being a soldier. The CO said if anything went wrong with the soldiers, women, and alcohol-They left all their belongings behind and immediately boarded a plane back to the US. Because if the Saudi Royal army got a hold of them, The US military could not protect them whatsoever. US soldiers were killed if caught breaking their strict laws. Religion was the law.
All Gin. Really powerful Gin

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Master

shockedpanic wrote:
My father made moonshine in Saudi Arabia while in the military a very long time ago. His friend at the army hospital tested it for him. He said that was more dangerous than being a soldier. The CO said if anything went wrong with the soldiers, women, and alcohol-They left all their belongings behind and immediately boarded a plane back to the US. Because if the Saudi Royal army got a hold of them, The US military could not protect them whatsoever. US soldiers were killed if caught breaking their strict laws. Religion was the law.

Kinda reminds me of Hawkeye & Trapper From MASH :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

shockedpanic wrote:

My cousin got busted with alcohol in Saudi when he was in the army during Desert Storm. He had a very hard time getting out of it. I'm not sure the details but I know he went through a very scary ordeal, and he wasn't even making it, just drinking it. :(

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

A good friend of my dads disappeared without a trace. But he knows what happened. Pretty gangster!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ran into some Peach Cobbler shine at Festy. GOOD stuff. I'll have to check out that recipe.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

If someone knows how to bring up the recipe and post it here, please do so...it can be found on page 4 of this topic.
Try it...you'll like it.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

i looked for the peach version, but so far no luck.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm Profile
Wanee Master

type in Dave's peach pie moonshine recipe in the search box and it will bring up a version for peach pie....I have never tried it....but they are all so similar.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Dave’s Peach Pie Moonshine Recipe

Ingredients:

½ gallon (64 oz.) Welch’s White Grape Peach Juice
1 ½ cups White Sugar
1 can Sliced Peaches (15-16 oz.)
3 Cinnamon Sticks
½ cup ( 4oz.) Peach Schnapps

Bring this to a boil, then let it simmer covered for about an hour. Let it cool down to room temperature then add the following:

1 cup (8-9 oz.) 190 proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear, Graves, etc.
½ cup (4 oz.) Peach Schnapps

You may have to strain this a couple of times through cheesecloth. Now just pour it into some Mason Jars and let it sit for a couple of weeks in a cool dark place. You can drink it right away but the flavor does mellow and taste better.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:29 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm Profile
 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next