Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 pm

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 your opinion....honestly.... 
Wanee Mushroom

Post your opinion....honestly....
My friend and I experienced our first Wanee last year and it was INCREDIBLE. We're teachers in Atlanta. This year, The Fest is during our standardized testing, the CRCT, so we can't get off of work...boo hoo! :|

Would you:
a) Leave early Saturday and buy a 1-day ticket?
b) Leave right after school on Friday (3:00ish) and buy a weekend ticket?
c) Stay in Atlanta for the 420 festival and hope it works out next year?

I'm looking at the All Good Festival...we could do something like that instead.

Honestly, what would you do? Remember, we're teachers; we ain't rich.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: your opinion....honestly....
Badmammajamma.......good to see you back on here.
Was just talking the other day that you won a contest last year and haven't heard from you since. Thought you must have gotten eaten in Tate's Hell.
Really....have you ever heard of calling in sick....(just joking...)
I'd finish up early Friday and high-tail it down the road to Wanee.
You could catch Mule, WSP or ABB for sure. And that would leave all day Saturday to party. That would be pushing it...but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I don't know what I would do. That is really a long way to go and so little time....
Here's hoping you make a wise decision......gettting there late would be tough finding a good camping spot and getting all set up.
I might drive down and try to find a local hotel...spend the night and go just on Saturday....(as I scratch my head)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

:D Hi Rivernole, friend!!!

It's so good to hear from you!! Thanks for your advice. If I were younger, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Finding a campsite, setting up, enjoying ourselves, and turning around to work on Monday (I WISH we could call in sick!!) sounds grueling.

I wonder if Wanee would change the dates for us?? JK

After Wanee last year, I know I won't go back to Bonnaroo. That was a great one-time experience. All Good has me thinking....it would be worth the drive to see great music for 4 days, but, sigh, I'll miss the Spanish Moss and Palmettos...sigh...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

If you came straight from ATL down 75 it'd probably take you about 4 to 41/2 hrs (according to Friday traffic in atl really). making it right around 7-8ish I guess. I'm not too far from ATL. I don't know the price for weekend tickets, but I guess it all comes down to if it's worth it for you. :)
Course it's totally to us- we already got early birds. School can be a tricky thing to work around & I don't know how we will do it in the future, Right now I homeschool, so our schedule is "flexible".

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

There are no weekend or 1-day tickets to Wanee...it's all or nothing. So given your schedule I'd hold out for All Good & hope for a lineup like last year.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

MammaJamma:

Stay in touch, The SOS/BOS can help you pitch a tent in Wanneetopia.
Get there when you can, as soon as you can.

We got you covered!

:D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Drive as soon as you can... no question about it... maybe you can get covered for a half day... either way come, well worth it

ImageImageImage

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Quote:
There are no weekend or 1-day tickets to Wanee...it's all or nothing.

I do not believe that is true. I spoke to a gentleman last year that just came on Saturday and only paid for 1 day. I inquired about his different colored armband (what it was for)? :?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 am Profile
Wanee Pro

They sell 1-day, or have in the past, for about $100. I just know its at least a 5 hour drive and realistically you would only catch ABB and the midnight show on Friday then all day Saturday. It's in your court, and I would never shy anyone away from going to Wanee but it would be a lot of work to make it happen. I would wait for All-Good's lineup or put my effort into Mt. Jam which has a killer lineup this year. Mule, WSP, Phil and Friends, Dispatch, Avett Brothers, Primus, Gary Clark Jr. and some others. If I were in your position, I would go to Mt. Jam instead of trying to come to Wanee.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Thanks for your opinions; it's good to know that I thinking on the same lines as most of you. I'm going to talk it over with Stephanopolos, my teacher friend, and we'll figure it out.

I've been bummed all year because of the conflict. Now that the lineup has been released, it's even harder to deal with.

Mountain Jam looks good too.

Thanks for offering to set up our tent. I will stay in touch!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 am Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next