Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:57 am It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:57 am

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 camping 
Wanee Fan

Post camping
can you park a rv in the primitive parking areas if your not worried about hookups?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: camping
howdog wrote:
can you park a rv in the primitive parking areas if your not worried about hookups?

Yes. There were tons of RVs parked in the primitive area last year.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

That is our intent this year, we saw many RV's/campers throughout primitive in the last two years that we've been going. But I don't think generators are allowed in all areas of the park, we will have propane and battery enough to go the distance but will probably have to use public utilities to some extent to save on our waste tanks. Happy Wanee! :)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
That is our intent this year, we saw many RV's/campers throughout primitive in the last two years that we've been going. But I don't think generators are allowed in all areas of the park, we will have propane and battery enough to go the distance but will probably have to use public utilities to some extent to save on our waste tanks. Happy Wanee! :)

I decided to bring me own "facilitates" last year I was lucky enough to stay clear of the port-o-potty's in Primitive.. by day two they smelled AWFUL as we passed them to get to our camp. Hopefully you won't have to use them this year ETR

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

WaneeVirgin wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

I decided to bring me own "facilitates" last year I was lucky enough to stay clear of the port-o-potty's in Primitive.. by day two they smelled AWFUL as we passed them to get to our camp. Hopefully you won't have to use them this year ETR

... Hopefully ... :)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

ETR...this would be a good weekend to practice primitive camping in Maine....wanna give it a try.
How cold is it there today????

Stay Warm my Friend....

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
ETR...this would be a good weekend to practice primitive camping in Maine....wanna give it a try.
How cold is it there today????

Stay Warm my Friend....

Not enough snow for a snow cave to stay warm in but right now it's about 8 degrees with a wind chill advisory in effect... It's definitely a day for caution...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

there is primitive camping around the lake by the chapel? but that one side of it is for RV/reserved spots yeah?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I don't know if there is a written generator rule, but there is a gentleman's agreement that generators shouldn't be ran much after dark and not much earlier than 8-9 am. Nobody wants to be that guy running his generator all night or at the ass crack of dawn. As for the facilities, we bought one of those pop-up shower tents for fairly cheap last year and used a Home Depot bucket with a toilet lid to avoid the nasty port-o-potty's. You learn to make do up there.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

generator camping is set up in the field by the entrance...
you can run them all night if need be

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 am Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next