Last visit was: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am




 [ 10 posts ] 
 Question?? 
Author Message
Wanee Fan

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm
Posts: 106
Post Question??
I have always wondered why they dont do a late night set on the big stage with one of the big headliners. Does anyone know why they dont do this. Dont get me wrong it is cool to see the late night show on the shroom stage and in the trees and all that but i think a late night panic show would be awesome too!!!


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3929
Post Re: Question??
kaaron wrote:
I have always wondered why they dont do a late night set on the big stage with one of the big headliners. Does anyone know why they dont do this. Dont get me wrong it is cool to see the late night show on the shroom stage and in the trees and all that but i think a late night panic show would be awesome too!!!


I do not know the answer to your question but I feel the same way. The late night shows at the Mushroom stage are VERY crowded. :)

_________________
Havin' a good time, here today
Watching the sun shine, matinee..


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: Question??
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
kaaron wrote:
I have always wondered why they dont do a late night set on the big stage with one of the big headliners. Does anyone know why they dont do this. Dont get me wrong it is cool to see the late night show on the shroom stage and in the trees and all that but i think a late night panic show would be awesome too!!!


I do not know the answer to your question but I feel the same way. The late night shows at the Mushroom stage are VERY crowded. :)

Good question, i doubt any of us can answer... but i agree since 2010 the mushroom stage about explodes come late night sets....... i imagine it has something to do with tear down and set up after ABB... that takes time

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Outer Rim
Post Re: Question??
I would guess its the frequency amplitude. The Peach has a massive sound system that probably carries 4 times the distance as the one in the Shroom gut. We dont want the popo having any reason to come up in there. I agree that those late night sets get crowded....and wierd ...


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3929
Post Re: Question??
Jbone wrote:
I would guess its the frequency amplitude. The Peach has a massive sound system that probably carries 4 times the distance as the one in the Shroom gut. We dont want the popo having any reason to come up in there. I agree that those late night sets get crowded....and wierd ...


Makes sense!

_________________
Havin' a good time, here today
Watching the sun shine, matinee..


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6203
Location: Florida
Post Re: Question??
Jbone wrote:
....and wierd ...


Nuff said

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10683
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Question??
AndieBee wrote:
Jbone wrote:
....and wierd ...


Nuff said

yep...

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 3717
Post Re: Question??
Jbone wrote:
I would guess its the frequency amplitude. The Peach has a massive sound system that probably carries 4 times the distance as the one in the Shroom gut. We dont want the popo having any reason to come up in there. I agree that those late night sets get crowded....and wierd ...


This is the reason. Noise ordinance or something. They aren't allowed to have late night music at the big stage, too loud. I kinda like the late night mushroom sets now that we camp lake side. Not as far to stumble back to camp after the music is over 8-) :lol:


Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 5809
Location: Marianna, Florida
Post Re: Question??
Another possibility....but noise is probably right.
By the time ABB or other late night performer gets through...and off the stage....it might take too long to break down equipment and for another band to set up their equipment and really get set up. It could be a long drawn out affair. As it is, you simply walk out of the Peach and move over to the Mushroom and that band is set up and ready to go...
just a thought.


Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Question??
How about just 1 on the Peach Stage Thursday , no announcement , surprise super secret sound check, turn into the reason to be at Wanee.


Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.