Last visit was: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Question?? 
Wanee Fan

Post Question??
I have always wondered why they dont do a late night set on the big stage with one of the big headliners. Does anyone know why they dont do this. Dont get me wrong it is cool to see the late night show on the shroom stage and in the trees and all that but i think a late night panic show would be awesome too!!!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Question??
kaaron wrote:
I have always wondered why they dont do a late night set on the big stage with one of the big headliners. Does anyone know why they dont do this. Dont get me wrong it is cool to see the late night show on the shroom stage and in the trees and all that but i think a late night panic show would be awesome too!!!

I do not know the answer to your question but I feel the same way. The late night shows at the Mushroom stage are VERY crowded. :)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
kaaron wrote:

I do not know the answer to your question but I feel the same way. The late night shows at the Mushroom stage are VERY crowded. :)

Good question, i doubt any of us can answer... but i agree since 2010 the mushroom stage about explodes come late night sets....... i imagine it has something to do with tear down and set up after ABB... that takes time

ImageImageImage

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I would guess its the frequency amplitude. The Peach has a massive sound system that probably carries 4 times the distance as the one in the Shroom gut. We dont want the popo having any reason to come up in there. I agree that those late night sets get crowded....and wierd ...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Jbone wrote:
I would guess its the frequency amplitude. The Peach has a massive sound system that probably carries 4 times the distance as the one in the Shroom gut. We dont want the popo having any reason to come up in there. I agree that those late night sets get crowded....and wierd ...

Makes sense!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am Profile
Wanee Master

Jbone wrote:
....and wierd ...

Nuff said

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

AndieBee wrote:
Jbone wrote:
....and wierd ...

Nuff said

yep...

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Jbone wrote:

This is the reason. Noise ordinance or something. They aren't allowed to have late night music at the big stage, too loud. I kinda like the late night mushroom sets now that we camp lake side. Not as far to stumble back to camp after the music is over 8-) :lol:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Another possibility....but noise is probably right.
By the time ABB or other late night performer gets through...and off the stage....it might take too long to break down equipment and for another band to set up their equipment and really get set up. It could be a long drawn out affair. As it is, you simply walk out of the Peach and move over to the Mushroom and that band is set up and ready to go...
just a thought.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

How about just 1 on the Peach Stage Thursday , no announcement , surprise super secret sound check, turn into the reason to be at Wanee.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]