Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 What was the best set(s) for you? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: What was the best set(s) for you?
We went primarily for the ABB and the saturday night concert was right on for me. Gregg's voice much stronger than on friday though I loved friday's set very much. I'm also glad it was two totally different setlists. The Doobie Bros was the biggest surprise; I'll admit to digging their old hits but the talent and intensity and fun they put out were very nice. Hill Country Revue delivered bigtime. I've seen lots of washboard players but never heard one plugged through a flanger pedal! Listening to Susan T, and also to the Wailers, from our campsite very nearby....well, now that's the way to camp! I'd put Devon Allman and Arc Angels at about the same level, both very enjoyable especially since I had never heard either before. I think Pamela expected the Arc Angels to be more bluesy.

So, the rumours about Clapton went up in smoke. While no doubt I would've treasured being there for that, had he played with ABB especially, still, it would've changed the ABB dynamics. I loved Susan Ted's playing with ABB though I wish it would've been Stormy Monday. Well, dat's my 2 cents.

greg

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

LITTLE FEAT,GRACE POTTER,DRIVE BY TRUCKERS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

The Lee Boys w/ Oteil totally rocked. I'm a huge Little Feat fan, loved their set. Be nice if they got a little more of a prime time slot. ABB of course.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Thangfish wrote:
No love for the the BLR Trio that opened for the Radiators?

Hill Country Revue killed it too.

Missed BLR Trio. Didn't get my tent up til bout 10 p.m. on Thursday.

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Grace Potter was my favorite by far! I didnt have a voice after she finished from screaming. :)

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

Susan Tedeschi in the rain (esp. It Hurt So Bad and Presence)and Buddy Guy in the mud & sunshine. ABB was much better Saturday than Fri.-especially Into The Mystic. Derek doing I've Got A Feeling and Sweet Inspiration off the new album, great song. The whole weekend was great! It's just hard to find much time for the better stage (Mushroom) when the best talent is usually at the Peach but a band like Mule would over-crowd that little woods stage. They still should try it once.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:53 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

It was all GREAT! Hard to pick just one. Loved them all. Damn I just can't make up my mind..... :? :?

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Have to admit at 44 years old .....first time seeing ABB....most likely too f!*ked up to appreciate but it was awesome, I think... DBT was out of hand! The Mule rocked! AA were mellow but great to see after all these years. Seeing Buddy Guy was amazing! The whole experience was outstanding! Love it that I'm a Wanee vet!
Peace.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

BK3, I was impressively surprised! Guitarist was technically good but a little over the top. One of their songs really grabbed me. Out of curiosity I bought a Max Creek CD about fifteen years ago. To this date it is the worst CD I've ever heard.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:14 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
Thurday note Radiators

Marky.... back away from the alcohol!!! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm Profile
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4