Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 am

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Food & Beverage Tickets 
Wanee Pro

Post Food & Beverage Tickets
So... last year was my 1st Wanee & when I went to try & buy a drink, I was told I had to go purchase "tickets" & then use them to get food or drinks. I thought... wth is that bull-sheet?? It's like carnival rides at the county fair. First time I've ever encountered this at a festy. So... I went & bought quite a few tix cause I wasn't really sure how many I'd need for the next few days. I brought most all of my own food & drinks from home & needless to say, by the time I headed home, I had a bunch of the food & bevg tix left over. I brought them home w/ me & now I'm wondering... do any of yall know if those things ever expire? Can I use them this year?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Food & Beverage Tickets
I have a healthy pile of tickets myself. Three different kinds from three different years. Only about 16 though

Mixing up the tickets year-to-year would make the most sense avoiding possibility of counterfeiting. Another benefit of tickets is that it keeps cash in one specific area. Safer with more accountability is what I'm guessing.

I would just bring them and see if they're the same ha ha

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

SisterGoldenHair wrote:
So... last year was my 1st Wanee & when I went to try & buy a drink, I was told I had to go purchase "tickets" & then use them to get food or drinks. I thought... wth is that bull-sheet?? It's like carnival rides at the county fair. First time I've ever encountered this at a festy. So... I went & bought quite a few tix cause I wasn't really sure how many I'd need for the next few days. I brought most all of my own food & drinks from home & needless to say, by the time I headed home, I had a bunch of the food & bevg tix left over. I brought them home w/ me & now I'm wondering... do any of yall know if those things ever expire? Can I use them this year?

The answer is NO They will not honor tickets from a previous festival. I had some from year before last and tried to use them by mistake last year and they would not let me.. SO .. I would say to be very frugal when Purchasing Tickets... The ticket sales booth will always be open for more..

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

You probably won't be able to use them this year, they'll have a color change or something. Two years ago we were walking River Road and this dude stopped and handed us a fistfull of tickets because he was leaving! Ye-haaaaa! Off to the beer tent!!! Thank you sir, whoever you are!!! :)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I echo their sentiments. It seems like a pain in the ass, but it is entirely for accountability. Plus when you buy beer or food the vendor doesn't have to waste time giving each person change

My advice is to use them up on the last day cause they won't buy them back after the fest either. I usually buy enough for how many beers I want to drink that day and if I have tickets left over at the end of the fest, I go to the beer/food stand that is run by the Suwannee County Fire Department and just give those tickets to them since they get to keep a portion of the proceeds.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

JamBandFanMan wrote:
if I have tickets left over at the end of the fest, I go to the beer/food stand that is run by the Suwannee County Fire Department and just give those tickets to them since they get to keep a portion of the proceeds.

Grate idea JBFM :)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks for the info. yall. If only they DID have carnival rides at Wanee... I bet there'd be NO tickets left over... :D

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:42 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Extra tickets on Saturday night means consuming extra beer, funnel cake, and a lot of other stuff you know you shouldn't be eating. The calories don't count if they were consumed in the name of using up tickets.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I have too come home with extra tickets buying $20 at a time too ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

teedubya wrote:
Extra tickets on Saturday night means consuming extra beer, funnel cake, and a lot of other stuff you know you shouldn't be eating. The calories don't count if they were consumed in the name of using up tickets.

I feel ya Teedubya!!! I do the same thing!!! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next