Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 am

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wheelchair Access - How WC Friendly is the festival? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Wheelchair Access - How WC Friendly is the festival?
My wife is in a chair. We would love to do this festival. We have did Bonnaroo and the WC access there is doable. Anyone have any advice for me? Access camping, access viewing areas, bathrooms, etc?

Also, how is the weather that time of year? Weather.com says average hi 84 and low 54, that sounds doable. We are from Illinois so we can handle cold better than heat..lol.

Thanks guys, hope to see you there. Have not seen the ABB boys in a while.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Wheelchair Access - How WC Friendly is the festival?
I'm not sure about how to answer. I know there is special persons camping areas. I believe there is space for w/c to the right of the stages. Check with the park to be sure.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The bathroom by the engine barn has a wheel chair access ramp and they did have a few handicap accessible portapotties by the peach stage. The Park staff advised us that if we needed a ride to sites at Magfest due to my husbands illness they would give a cell phone number to us and all we had to do was call and we would get a golf cart ride to anywhere at the stages. My husband declined but they do try to make it accessible to everyone. They have wheelchair viewing area at the top of the mushroom stage and its possible there is an area on the left side of the peach stage. If you have been to other festivals, there is no reason why you can't do wanee unless the distance is too far of a drive. My husband and I drive down from Indianapolis area, we have to make an over night during the trip now due to his disease, but aside from that, there isn't much that isn't doable at wanee.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Hope this helps and hope you make it to Wanee.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Welcome bigborefan58!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

just keep the chair behind the sound board :lol: :lol: :lol:

some folks don't take too kindly to chairs in the dance zone.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

My youngest daughter will likely end up in a chair and we've been to this festival several times *for now she is in a stroller/wagon* and scoped to see how friendly it will be as she gets older. Most bathrooms have some sort of ramp, the road between the stages are paved. I think it is totally doable, especially if you've done roo and other festivals. Hope to see you there! :D

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I know that I've seen more than one battery powered chair @ Wanee...

Remember, SOSMP staff is VERY helpful.
They are very accommodating!

The music will make it easier, for sure!

Please look up Waneetopia when you get there!

:D :D :D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Im in a WC also. POLIO. I went to WANEE last year by myself mostly. I did it . Im going back this year . You may want to show up WEDNESDAY. Then you will have a better choice over a site. A lot of people say they are disabled but they walk just fine and take parking and campsites as though they cant walk. That makes it hard on us. I cant walk or stand. I think I have a site. Im trying to get a 8X8 tent. I have my own bedside toilet. I will bring hygiene wipes . My chair toilet and bed, cooler and clothing will fit in tent. Then no need for bath house. viewing is same, last year I had some big guys squeeze in front of me in the WC viewing area. When I asked them to stand behind me so I could see the show rather than their ass they got huffy. So I put the squeeze on them .I kept inching forward so they bumped their ankles on my foot plate. then when they turned to bitch I moved up to the rail. LOLOLOLOL not my first day on the job. polio 60yrs.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

evansvillenowmilton wrote:
Im in a WC also. POLIO. I went to WANEE last year by myself mostly. I did it . Im going back this year . You may want to show up WEDNESDAY. Then you will have a better choice over a site. A lot of people say they are disabled but they walk just fine and take parking and campsites as though they cant walk. That makes it hard on us. I cant walk or stand. I think I have a site. Im trying to get a 8X8 tent. I have my own bedside toilet. I will bring hygiene wipes . My chair toilet and bed, cooler and clothing will fit in tent. Then no need for bath house. viewing is same, last year I had some big guys squeeze in front of me in the WC viewing area. When I asked them to stand behind me so I could see the show rather than their ass they got huffy. So I put the squeeze on them .I kept inching forward so they bumped their ankles on my foot plate. then when they turned to bitch I moved up to the rail. LOLOLOLOL not my first day on the job. polio 60yrs.

I remember your earlier post but couldn't remember your screen name :oops: , glad you added some info... :) Happy Wanee!!!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next