Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 am It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 am

[ 7 posts ] 
 Helen's Hilton 
Wanee Master

Post Helen's Hilton
I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you to Helen. What an incredibly nice lady. From driving around offering rides, always trying to feed you and remembering names two days later - You are truly the spirit of hospitality! I never did make it up to the Hilton, I tried, but got sucked into so many side parties and the music, music, music, but your warmth and smiles were far reaching!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Helen's Hilton
She's a sweetie! I'm proud to call her a friend. It should be noted that Helen's Hilton is really a group effort, Helen, our friend Nancy and the Atkinson family spearhead organizing and setting up the site. Many others chip in to help. But Helen is the most visible of the group in that she never stops helping people have a good time. I don't think she heard any music on Friday, she was too busy shuttling people around on the golf cart, setting up tents, and generally getting people situated. She amazes me.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Marky, you were having too much fun on Friday! Not that that is a bad thing. All weekend it seemed like I saw you somewhere every half hour at least.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Helen, Nancy, the Atkinson's and the whole gang are truly down to earth great people to know! They are love personified.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
Marky, you were having too much fun on Friday! Not that that is a bad thing. All weekend it seemed like I saw you somewhere every half hour at least.

That is because I always stand in front of the tapers... Paul said I am stalking him :lol:

I got a good pic of you from the side and will post it once they are uploaded...

How about that Jorma set in the downpour.. :?:

Do you ever go to the Purply Grotto :?:

Paul is a great guy and his wife is an angel. She kept bringing me water. Have you ever seen a guy smile as much as Paul? Man, I hope some of his mojo rubs off on me! He plays a pretty good guitar too!

There are no good pictures of me Marky, ya have to have something good to work with and I'm not it. I see pictures of myself and just groan. Can't polish a turd. I actually looked pretty good thirty years ago but as Capt. Beefheart said, "Grown so ugly."

I haven't listen to the Jorma recording but I am curious as to how it came out with the rain hitting the mic umbrella. I did toss a hand towel over it to soften the impact of the rain drops, sometimes that works.

Purply Grotto??? I know nothing, tell me more.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:

Standing next to Paul's son, maybe there will be some sort of genetic mojo transference.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:

Sorry about spacing out your water.

You were going to get me water? Ok, now I'll hold that against you! :o Man, its a festival! Distractions are everywhere and the main thing is to have fun. I don't even remember you offering to get me water but do very much appreciate the offer even if it never got to me.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:30 am Profile
 [ 7 posts ]