Last visit was: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 am It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Attn: All Swingers...hammock Swingers that is. :-p 
Wanee Fan

Post Attn: All Swingers...hammock Swingers that is. :-p
So I just want to alert you all to the fact that my hammock as well as amfriends were stolen at bear creek :evil: so as much as we may think this is always a family affair for some it's a cash crop of floor and tree scores. So just a word of caution if you use easy up hammock cables lock your swing to them or it may be gone upon your return. Sorry to be a downer I'm just lookin out for the Swingers.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Attn: All Swingers...hammock Swingers that is. :-p
That's horrible that people would do this... Sorry to hear that happened...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Even in a good crowd there are always a few bad apples. :cry:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

^^^exactley what I'm saying. I got so caught up in the festival love your brother mentality and said no one would steal my hammock and mean while I had a pad lock in my strap bag. It really easy to lock it up it's not easy to replace your hand woven dbl wide hammock you purchased in Guyana, who knows if you'll ever make it there again. :evil:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Ya know... that is one thing I noticed when we went to Blackwater... 3-4 am, parties everywhere, all sorts of craziness going on... and I wandered up towards the little store and there must have been 10 security peeps all hanging out complaining about the festie goers. Maybe its just me... but I'm thinking their services may be better focused on maybe checking up on things. Possibly making rounds around the stages and camping areas or something.... trying to deter thefts and whatnot.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:57 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

about 5 years ago at 10klf in minnessota, i was walking back to my site late night just in time to catch some dude stealing beers from my neighbor's cooler that they had left out.

i walked up to him and said, "what do you think you're doing?"

he turned and started to bolt, but i reached out and grabbed his backpack, which he squirmed out of and got away.

10 minutes later, my neighbors walked up. i told them what happened and gave them dude's backpack.

the bag had all kinds of goodies in it and almost $300.

thats what this asshole traded for 3 budweiser bottles. karma's a bitch.

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:37 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

That sucks about the hammock. in 06 at wanee my husband asked one of the security guards about the festival and what he thought. He said he loved working wanee, and springfest because of the people. It was the country music festival with big wheel trucks and guys on bottles of jack he hated. I hope with the addition of some bigger bands that this fantastic festival that i love doesn't get tainted by idiots.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

scarletfire1585 wrote:
about 5 years ago at 10klf in minnessota, i was walking back to my site late night just in time to catch some dude stealing beers from my neighbor's cooler that they had left out.

he turned and started to bolt, but i reached out and grabbed his backpack, which he squirmed out of and got away.

10 minutes later, my neighbors walked up. i told them what happened and gave them dude's backpack.

serves them right i say, what a douche! someone always trys to run the fun for the rest of us!!

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:49 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

^^^ he definately got the short end of that exchange.lol.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

This is my first post, lol
djkeeb69 wrote:
scarletfire1585 wrote:

serves them right i say, what a douche! someone always trys to run the fun for the rest of us!!

ImageImageImage

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:05 am Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next