Last visit was: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 pm It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 pm

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 In yall's opinion what are some of the best camping spots? 
Wanee Pro

Post In yall's opinion what are some of the best camping spots?
This is my 2nd wanee and i've been to bear creek for the first time last year. Each year we keep moving closer to the stages and i'm wondering if anyone knows of some good general areas. I'm new to the forum so any help would be appreciated.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: In yall's opinion what are some of the best camping spot
Welcome kyle_burg09!!! If you are tent camping over by the lake is a good spot.....and Waneetopia is over there! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'd tell ya but then I'd have to start getting there 10 days in advance to ensure you don't take the one I want. Lol

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:17 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

sunny309 wrote:
I'd tell ya but then I'd have to start getting there 10 days in advance to ensure you don't take the one I want. Lol

GOOD THINKIN'!!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I was thinking that nobody would tell me because they didn't want me taking their spot, but i promise wherever I end up we'll be bringing the party

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

kyle_burg09 wrote:
I was thinking that nobody would tell me because they didn't want me taking their spot, but i promise wherever I end up we'll be bringing the party

There's enough room for all of us. Just some of us will end up in Pine Field...

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Honestly, the best answer to your question is that there is no best answer. It really depends on your preference.
If you like quiet then you need to go farther away from the stage areas and it's possible to find a place to be all by yourself. If you want to be in the middle of everything then you will likely have people all around and possibly almost on top of you.
If you don't like or can't handle long walks, then you have no other choice but to be in the stage areas.
My best advice is to get there as early as possible and scout out different places and find one that suits you.
If you cant get there early then you will have to settle for what you can find, but it wont matter as much because once the music really gets into full swing you will just be there to eat and sleep! You already know you are gonna have a blast no matter where you land up camping

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm going to get there as early as i can thursday. What time do they generally start letting people into the park thursday?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

You can enter the park pretty much any time you want. I believe that from like Wednesday on it's open24 hrs.
People actually start arriving Saturday and Sunday and then it starts getting busier as the week goes on.
By Thursday morning it's already going to be pretty crowded, if possible you may want to try toget there Wednesday.
There is also usually a pretty kickin party wednesday night with live music from some real good local acts.
Last year we had Cope, Beebs and her Moneymakers and Flannel Church. 3 excellent bands!
Just keep in mind if you do come before Thursday there is an additional fee to camp, but it's really worth it.
Its great to be able to pick out a spot and enjoy the park before the masses get there! ;)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Arriving on Thursday usually means you are SOL on the prime spots, unless it's the Thursday before. ;)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 pm Profile
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next