Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Grammy's 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: The Grammy's
rihana put on a nice show no wonder she looked depressed her man wrecked their mercedes saturday night

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

NCviper wrote:
cinnamon bun wrote:
Tell us how you really feel.... :lol:

I'm trying.....

Been drinking

But I can tell you most of this stuff is crap. ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol: in case we didn't see the first post about how you feel :D I didn't watch it, but I never do anyway.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Sorry folks......I think I had a little to much to drink last night.... :roll:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

What the hell do the Grammys have to do with music anyways? The music I have listened to my entire life has never been reflected by the Grammys. Or if it has then that was more accident than anything else.

Here's the real deal according to Jeff, 90% off all music is crap. Always has been, always will be.

Wait for it...

Music back in (____) was way better than music today! Nonsense. Whenever your particular (____) was, I maintain that 90% was crap. Luckily you just remember the good stuff. It's just harder today for me and probably you because when I was 15-25 that was like an unofficial job to hang out at record stores and read Rolling Stone. It's also harder now because of the enormous amount of music in an endless variety of genres. That means there is a lot more crap to sift thru but it's still that 90%.

Your task grasshopper is to diligently seek out the 10% that makes you dance, snap your fingers, tap your toes, lay down on the ground or however you feel it. Luckily we have each other to make the journey with. [/rant]

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NCviper wrote:

you are out of practice, I can relate that flu bug weakened me and made me a cheap drunk. :?

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Jensen B Gator wrote:
NCviper wrote:

you are out of practice, I can relate that flu bug weakened me and made me a cheap drunk. :?

Exactly......

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

NCviper wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
NCviper wrote:

Exactly......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i really like their dedication to levon i need to check out alabama shakes soon she was a highlight of the evening.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

That was a great group singing 'The Weight'.

I dug the Bob Marley tribute too....although I would have liked to hear more "Bob".

I suppose this will make me super uncool on this board, but I think there's actually a lot of talent swirling around mainstream music right now. You just have to find it and/or be open to it. Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, The Black Keys....at least there's an appreciation of music played with instruments rather than auto-tuned pop stars. And bands like this become popular, get kids interested in their influences, and introduce them to another generation of music.

I've also noticed that there are bands who release the "lighter" songs to get radio play, but when you see them live, it's a whole new experience. I was AMAZED the first time I saw the Zach Brown Band play live.

As AB said, music is SO subjective. You miss a lot when you're not open to new sounds (but, at the same time, that's YOUR prerogative).

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:03 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

frenchiejess wrote:
That was a great group singing 'The Weight'.

I dug the Bob Marley tribute too....although I would have liked to hear more "Bob".

I suppose this will make me super uncool on this board, but I think there's actually a lot of talent swirling around mainstream music right now. You just have to find it and/or be open to it. Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, The Black Keys....at least there's an appreciation of music played with instruments rather than auto-tuned pop stars. And bands like this become popular, get kids interested in their influences, and introduce them to another generation of music.

I've also noticed that there are bands who release the "lighter" songs to get radio play, but when you see them live, it's a whole new experience. I was AMAZED the first time I saw the Zach Brown Band play live.

As AB said, music is SO subjective. You miss a lot when you're not open to new sounds (but, at the same time, that's YOUR prerogative).

Very true Jess :)

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:22 am Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next