Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:42 pm It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:42 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 The Grammy's 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: The Grammy's
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
frenchiejess wrote:
That was a great group singing 'The Weight'.

I dug the Bob Marley tribute too....although I would have liked to hear more "Bob".

I suppose this will make me super uncool on this board, but I think there's actually a lot of talent swirling around mainstream music right now. You just have to find it and/or be open to it. Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, The Black Keys....at least there's an appreciation of music played with instruments rather than auto-tuned pop stars. And bands like this become popular, get kids interested in their influences, and introduce them to another generation of music.

I've also noticed that there are bands who release the "lighter" songs to get radio play, but when you see them live, it's a whole new experience. I was AMAZED the first time I saw the Zach Brown Band play live.

As AB said, music is SO subjective. You miss a lot when you're not open to new sounds (but, at the same time, that's YOUR prerogative).

Very true Jess :)

I was just drunk................... :?

Sorry it happens.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

TERRY... GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!!!

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

trippin' tom wrote:
TERRY... GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!!!

awwwwww man! :(

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

No, No, No.....I've just had that bumping around in my head for a while. I hear people who love music shut down entire genres without really giving serious consideration. It just seems silly.

I'm just on a big, mom of an 8 yr old, no-judgements kick. :lol:

Also, it was 3am and I had nothing else to do. :?

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:48 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm with you Jess and Jeff. A ton of the music from the late 60's, through the 70's, 80's, and 90's was bad too. You all remember Culture Club, the Best New Artist from 1984. There is always going to be really good music and really bad music. And honestly some of our favorite musicians put out really bad music too. I love Queen, but some of their stuff is just terrible in my opinion. Now obviously things are different at concerts but at the end of the day, good music will last and longevity or awards does not determine that. CCR was only a band for 5 years and hasn't been one for over 40 and I still listen to them weekly. They never won a Grammy or had a #1 single. Madonna has been touring for over 30 years, has won 7 Grammy's, 12 #1 singles and I wouldn't listen to her unless my life depended on it.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 am Profile
Wanee Master

True, it's all Opinion :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:41 am Profile WWW
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4