Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Security At AURA 
Wanee Veteran

Post Security At AURA
NCviper wrote:
Sounds like security was.......mean. :?

This is from the found tent thread.. I felt like it needed its own topic :!: :!:

On Saturday night there was a huge presence of Live Oak PD at the gate closest to the mushroom stage. I would say that there were about 10 cops at the gate and that was in addition to the SOSMP security. They were actually patting people down and doing mild searches

I think they up'd security because that festy had A LOT of kids and I think SOSMP was loosing out on beer sales because on Friday night I saw a lot of people with beer cans/bottles inside the venue.

Later on Saturday night (after I was asleep, so keeb or winston can tell the entire story) The cops showed up to our camp!!! BUT Keeb had a speaker set up on top of his car and the cops only asked him to turn it down. That could have been a disaster if someone was being safe at that very moment but luckily it didn't go down that way.

And finally the last incident was the rage stick issue. We were told to lower it or loose it on Sunday night.

No big deal, Security was there. They weren't jerks, and more importantly

I had a great time :D

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Security At AURA
Apparently I was in a haze/daze. I missed the large LEO presence. The remark about the younger people and various beer items taken inside is probably spot-on.

I did not see any problem with the sticks/poles/Good Signs from Friday night through sunday with the Lee Boys. I had to split and missed Sunday night, which is apparently when the stick issue came up.

the vibe was very mellow, and I had a fabulous time, except for this:

people screaming and yelling and spewing obscenities in the 3 AM to 6 AM range both nights in the campground. Are these the same people who carve golf course donuts? I just don't get it -- and never will.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Apparently I was in a haze/daze. I missed the large LEO presence. The remark about the younger people and various beer items taken inside is probably spot-on.

I did not see any problem with the sticks/poles/Good Signs from Friday night through sunday with the Lee Boys. I had to split and missed Sunday night, which is apparently when the stick issue came up.

the vibe was very mellow, and I had a fabulous time, except for this:

people screaming and yelling and spewing obscenities in the 3 AM to 6 AM range both nights in the campground. Are these the same people who carve golf course donuts? I just don't get it -- and never will.

The Cop incident at the gates happened around 8 or 9 or so on Saturday. And it was only during one entry that we saw them. I believe that they were just trying to make their presence known.

There was music until 5am so I understand that people were still raging until 6! Club Bujak was basically in our camp ground but we didn't go over there.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I just hope all of this doesn't spill over to Wanee.... :roll:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

NCviper wrote:

I doubt that it will Viper.

I was probably one of the oldest people at this festival and I'm still young!!!!!

There were A LOT of kids a lot of underage kids. It was cool since I stayed away from them but the security presence was needed. I saw some kids walk all the way up to the security gate - see that they were patting people down - and then try to conceal whatever "party favors" they had on them within eye shot of security. :o :o :o :o

Who does that?

FREAKING ROOKIES!

One guy was leaning on the back fence at the amphitheater drinking a BOTTLED BEER!!

My thought is this ~ You do stupid sh&t you should get caught. :roll:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 am Profile
Wanee Master

WaneeVirgin wrote:
NCviper wrote:

I doubt that it will Viper.

I was probably one of the oldest people at this festival and I'm still young!!!!!

There were A LOT of kids a lot of underage kids. It was cool since I stayed away from them but the security presence was needed. I saw some kids walk all the way up to the security gate - see that they were patting people down - and then try to conceal whatever "party favors" they had on them within eye shot of security. :o :o :o :o

Who does that?

FREAKING ROOKIES!

One guy was leaning on the back fence at the amphitheater drinking a BOTTLED BEER!!

My thought is this ~ You do stupid sh&t you should get caught. :roll:

I agree with WV. There was a considerable element at AURA that will not be at Wanee, for better or worse. These young'uns just need some l'arnin'. And maybe a whoopin' or three...

There were some Wooks, of course, but the low attendance kept most of the stupidity to a minimum. Of course, my eyes were closed a considerable portion of the time!
LAY BACK AND GROOVE ON A RAINY DAY (well, it DID sprinkle a bit Saturday early during a superb Newton Crosby set. They were great!)

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 am Profile
 [ 6 posts ]