Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Tonight I'm going to go see... 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Tonight I'm going to go see...
RRE fri and sat in ATL
DSO Sunday, same venue
I have Monday off of work for Presidents Day

i probably will not be able to make any of them, and i am a little bummed.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Pro

http://archive.org/details/GPN2013-02-13

Can't tell if the link will work or not but you can still go to archive.org and stream the Grace show from Wednesday night. It sounds awesome, of course.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Tonight, I'm thinking about seeing the BEST Dead tribute band that isn't DSO :) , Crazy Fingers, in Delray . Their usual Sunday early evening gig. Great fun, and Number One Son has no school tomorrow, so I bet he's amenable. DSO this coming Tuesday too, at Revulsion, I mean Revolution :lol:

Next weekend for us is the Virginia Key Grassroots fest, http://virginiakeygrassroots.com/ with Rusted Root, Donna the Buffalo, Inner Circle, Araka, Keith Frank, Cope, Spam Allstars, Sosos, Suenalo, Uproot Hootenany, etc. etc.

If any of you are nearby Miami, cheap day tix were available for the VaKey fest on Living Social. Like $15/day. Hard to beat that! 8-)

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Special show tonight at Lincoln Theater right here in Raleigh. One of five (Athens, GA; Charlotte; Raleigh; NYC & DC) for the whole tour.

The Ringers
Featuring: Jimmy Herring, Wayne Krantz, Michael Landau, Keith Carlock & Etienne Mbappe

The idea came from Abstract Logix label founder, Souvik Dutta. The concept was to bring five guys together, not to just perform as a super-group, but to work “as a unifying artistic force, one where people put music ahead of their egos to collectively create great music.” These five veteran musicians will perform together on new material written exclusively for this band, as well as each individual’s solo material and covers tunes chosen by the players.

Jimmy Herring, as the founding member of The Aquarium Rescue Unit, Project Z and Jazz is Dead, in addition to playing with everyone from The Allman Brothers Band, The Grateful Dead to Phil Lesh and Friends, and Béla Fleck, has made his indelible impact on the music world. He currently serves as the lead guitarist for the very popular American Band, Widespread Panic and released his second solo album, Subject To Change Without Notice, this past August 21st

Wayne Krantz released his tenth album, Howie 61, this past April to glowing critical praise. Krantz has played with Randy Brecker, Leni Stern and Steely Dan, among others. Through a succession of highly lauded solo recordings, Krantz has continuously evolved as an artist - pushing himself in new and exciting directions. Revered for his forward-thinking approach to improvisation (brilliantly documented in his 2004 book An Improviser’s OS), Krantz has fearlessly branched into new areas, while consistently skirting the edges of jazz, rock and fusion.

Michael Landau is a prolific session musician and guitarist who has played on a large number of albums since the early 1980s with artists as varied as Joni Mitchell, Seal, Michael Jackson, James Taylor, Richard Marx, Steve Perry, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis. In addition to his session work, Landau has also fronted several bands including Raging Honkies and Burning Water.

Keith Carlock, an amazing drummer, has recorded and/or toured with such musical luminaries as John Mayer, Sting, Steely Dan, James Taylor, Donald Fagen, Walter Becker, Diana Ross, Faith Hill, The Blues Brothers Band, Mike Stern, Leni Stern, David Johansen and the Harry Smiths, Richard Bona, Chris Botti, Wayne Krantz, Rudder, Harry Belafonte, Oz Noy, Larry Carlton, Clay Aiken, Rascal Flatts, Paula Abdul and Grover Washington, Jr, to name a few.

Bass player, Etienne Mbappe, is best known for his years with the Zawinul Syndicate. In the 80’s he was the masterpiece of the jazz fusion band Ultramarine which incorporated jazz with elements of African and Caribbean influences. He also played with Ray Charles on his last album and is currently a member of John McLaughlin’s 4th Dimension.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am Profile
Wanee Master

Ziggy Marley in Orlando with the usual Wanee Family suspects.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

AndieBee wrote:

^^^^ WHAT SHE SAID :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yay :D :D

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

WaneeVirgin wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

Where?

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Master

LOTUS and MOON HOOCH!

My mind is thoroughly blown! Lotus and Moon Hooch tore the Ritz Theatre in Ybor City (Tampa) down last night.

Moon Hooch features two saxophone players and a drummer. Think Dead Kenny Gs. They were stunning.

http://moonhooch.bandcamp.com/

And Lotus went above and beyond, as good a show as I have ever seen. WOW WOW WOW.

http://lotusvibes.com/tour

They are touring together through March 2nd.
Sh!+ God damn! Get off your ass and jam!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Waneebe wrote:
WaneeVirgin wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

Where?

HOB Orlando. Lots od BOS-SOS.

Maybe we will go......lol.

And...methinks TieYour really enjoyed the Lotus show! Sweet. :D

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Moon Hooch must have really improved since I saw them at All Good this past summer. That, or the AG show was just an off show. One of the very few shows I left because of the music in a long time. Not doubting your assesment just saying that at 1 particular show back in July they were just noise.

Lotus on the other hand brings the heat.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 am Profile
 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next