Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 am

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Tonight I'm going to go see... 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Tonight I'm going to go see...
mccjeff wrote:
Moon Hooch must have really improved since I saw them at All Good this past summer. That, or the AG show was just an off show. One of the very few shows I left because of the music in a long time. Not doubting your assesment just saying that at 1 particular show back in July they were just noise.

Lotus on the other hand brings the heat.

I would certainly offer that Moon Hooch, like the Dead Kenny Gs, are an acquired taste. Like Camel Filters -- not for everybody!

But they came out and absolutely ROCKED the joint! And they got a great reception from the crowd, which I would take as a good sign (we like good signs!).

If you cross paths with them again, give them a second chance. I think you will be pleased with the improvement (or that show was just an off-day).

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Joining the crowd for the Ziggy show after class. It was a tough decision though cause Lotus is playing the Beacham in Orlando tonight as well.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 am Profile
Wanee Master

JamBandFanMan wrote:
Joining the crowd for the Ziggy show after class. It was a tough decision though cause Lotus is playing the Beacham in Orlando tonight as well.

If you happen to reconsider at all, I'm just saying that Lotus and Moon Hooch will deliver big time at the Beacham.

BIG TIME.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
Moon Hooch must have really improved since I saw them at All Good this past summer. That, or the AG show was just an off show. One of the very few shows I left because of the music in a long time. Not doubting your assesment just saying that at 1 particular show back in July they were just noise.

Lotus on the other hand brings the heat.

I would certainly offer that Moon Hooch, like the Dead Kenny Gs, are an acquired taste. Like Camel Filters -- not for everybody!

But they came out and absolutely ROCKED the joint! And they got a great reception from the crowd, which I would take as a good sign (we like good signs!).

If you cross paths with them again, give them a second chance. I think you will be pleased with the improvement (or that show was just an off-day).

Yeah, I get the Dead Kenny G's analogy. I've seen DKG's before and you are right it is an aquired taste. And I will always give a band a second chance... if I'm at a fest or they are opening for someone I want to see like Lotus. OR if someone whos taste I respect gives them a good review. Who knows it may have just been me.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Details on jimmy and the ringers when u get a chance?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

AWESOME! Every single one of them on stage was stellar. Both Krantz and Landau started kind of hit or miss for me. But by the second song Landau had found his groove. Krantz had long beutiful intricate jams but might have played a bit too fearlessly at times. Mbappe is the first bass player I've seen that wore gloves. I assume it was to keep his hands from bursting into flames. Thick funky lines. If you ever lost a moments interest in the guitars you could go hang out in Carlock's drumming. Solid, steam rolling and endlessly intricate. It was cool to see Jimmy in an environment where he didn't have to be everything. Kind of like seeing him sit in with Lettuce. But this was way more intense. His playing takes control of my mind and leads it where ever he wants too. I've heard people complain that Jimmy plays too many notes. Whatever. That became laughable with the three of them all going off at once. It became like a solid mass of guitar notes. Unfucking real.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes,

Quote:
OR if someone whos taste I respect gives them a good review.

You did realize I was talking about you. Just didn't want there to be any misunderstanding. I will be giving them another listen based on your reccomendation.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
tieyourshoes,

Quote:
OR if someone whos taste I respect gives them a good review.

You did realize I was talking about you. Just didn't want there to be any misunderstanding. I will be giving them another listen based on your reccomendation.

No worries! You and I are are clearly on the same page of the hymnal. And there are days when a particular band and you are simply not in sync. I saw a couple of P Groove shows that were whiny, boring. But the were blasting at Bear Creek and at AURA. It just depends.

And you might see Moon Hooch again and still not like them. As my former mother-in-law liked to say, "That's what makes a horse race."

And I really enjoy your posts. that is the magnificent part of this forum and SOS / BOS!

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So speaking of P'groove... That's who I'm going to see tonight. "Farewell? Tour" for them so see them if you get the chance.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
So speaking of P'groove... That's who I'm going to see tonight. "Farewell? Tour" for them so see them if you get the chance.

they slammed both shows at Bear Creek, and the two at AURA might have been better. They are way on top of their game right now. You will have a blast. Where are they playing?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm Profile
 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next