Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 JJ Grey & Mofro 2013 Tour Dates: 
Wanee Master

Post JJ Grey & Mofro 2013 Tour Dates:
April 5, 2013 - House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista, FL
April 6, 2013 - Rhythm & Ribs, St Augustine, FL
April 9, 2013 - Knuckleheads, Kansas City, MO
April 10, 2013 - Varsity Theater, Minneapolis, MN
April 11, 2013 - Turner Hall, Milwaukee, WI
April 12, 2013 - Bluebird, Bloomington, IN
April 13, 2013 - Exit/In, Nashville, TN
April 16, 2013 --CD Release Show-- Mr. Smalls, Pittsburgh, PA
April 17, 2013 - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
April 18, 2013 - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
April 20, 2013 - 9:30 Club, Washington DC
April 24, 2013 - Pearl Street, Northampton, MA
April 25, 2013 - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
April 26, 2013 - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
April 27, 2013 - Irving Plaza, New York, NY
May 16, 2013 - Worpswede Music Hall, Worpswede, Germany
May 17, 2013 - FZW, Dortmund, Germany
May 18, 2013 - Grolsch Blues Festival, Schoppingen, Germany
May 19, 2013 - Ribs & Blues Pinksteren, Raalte, Netherlands
May 20, 2013 - Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
May 21, 2013 - Alte Seilerei, Mannheim, Germany
May 22, 2013 - Porgy & Bess, Vienna, Germany
May 24-May 27, 2013 - Sasquatch at the Gorge Festival, George,Washington
June 8 2013 - Greeley Blues Jam, Greeley, CO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: JJ Grey & Mofro 2013 Tour Dates:
I wish this wasn't so close to Wanee...

April 25, 2013 - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I'm thinking about going to the Northampton Mass show:

April 24, 2013 - Pearl Street, Northampton, MA

Only 1 1/2 hours away :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

I can't do it, already taking 10 days off for Wanee...

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Man.....no Wanee....no dates close to me! :roll:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm Profile
Wanee Master

10/20/13 Mag Fest 8-)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I can see April 5th at the HoB in the cards.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

A few of us Jax area peeps are catching him at Ryhthm & Ribs in St Augustine.

He put on a heartfelt performance there last year. During "Brighter Days" he told a little story....

“This song is about the St. Johns river in a roundabout way. When I was a youngin my next door neighbors inherited a little place, temporarily, on the St. Johns River between the old Green Cove Springs Bridge and the new Shands Bridge on the Switzerland, Orangedale side of the river. Back then, that was like… well that was a long time ago. I ain’t going to tell you how long. That was like jungle down there back then. They had about a 200 foot dock and we kids we would run wild through the woods in the summer and play down there when we got to go down there on the weekends. We would collect bottles and hit the store for a drink, a cold drink. We would skinny dip in the river, net for mullet, and catch red bass when the time was right, when they came up in you know.
Every minute, every second was like the greatest day of your life, the greatest second of your life. You know when you are a kid it don’t matter what it is like, it is just wonderful. Well, one day I was sitting and thinking about it. Where did that feeling go? What happened to it? What is the difference between me now and me when I was a kid when it was wonderful? And I got mad when I thought about it. I thought the world changed, that’s what happened. The world changed and became this bad place. You know I looked at the news and the news is just ready to tell you how bad the world is man. And I believed it is the problem.
But then life comes along. You know your parents try to teach you right your whole life and then they finally give up. And then you get a new ass whoopin instructor called life. And it come along and it showed me something. I got kicked… Boop… and I got kicked so hard I woke up. And when I woke up I realized nobody took nothing from me, I gave it all away man. I realized there wasn’t nothing wrong with the world, everything was wrong with me. And just like that man, I got my magic back. Just like that my mojo came back. Just like that! Every day is the greatest day of my life, every second. Glory baby!”
Brighter Days

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Me and my crew are doing both HOB and St. Augustine. Will be a great Wanee warmup. For those that haven't done St. Augustine, it is $5 after 3pm and includes other great bands before JJ and really good BBQ all day.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:56 am Profile
Wanee Master

teedubya wrote:
A few of us Jax area peeps are catching him at Ryhthm & Ribs in St Augustine.

He put on a heartfelt performance there last year. During "Brighter Days" he told a little story....

“This song is about the St. Johns river in a roundabout way. When I was a youngin my next door neighbors inherited a little place, temporarily, on the St. Johns River between the old Green Cove Springs Bridge and the new Shands Bridge on the Switzerland, Orangedale side of the river. Back then, that was like… well that was a long time ago. I ain’t going to tell you how long. That was like jungle down there back then. They had about a 200 foot dock and we kids we would run wild through the woods in the summer and play down there when we got to go down there on the weekends. We would collect bottles and hit the store for a drink, a cold drink. We would skinny dip in the river, net for mullet, and catch red bass when the time was right, when they came up in you know.
Every minute, every second was like the greatest day of your life, the greatest second of your life. You know when you are a kid it don’t matter what it is like, it is just wonderful. Well, one day I was sitting and thinking about it. Where did that feeling go? What happened to it? What is the difference between me now and me when I was a kid when it was wonderful? And I got mad when I thought about it. I thought the world changed, that’s what happened. The world changed and became this bad place. You know I looked at the news and the news is just ready to tell you how bad the world is man. And I believed it is the problem.
But then life comes along. You know your parents try to teach you right your whole life and then they finally give up. And then you get a new ass whoopin instructor called life. And it come along and it showed me something. I got kicked… Boop… and I got kicked so hard I woke up. And when I woke up I realized nobody took nothing from me, I gave it all away man. I realized there wasn’t nothing wrong with the world, everything was wrong with me. And just like that man, I got my magic back. Just like that my mojo came back. Just like that! Every day is the greatest day of my life, every second. Glory baby!”
Brighter Days

JJ's great like that when we saw him solo the one that cracked me up was his Daddy telling him,"I never whooped your ass over a pork chop" :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]