Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Best Area to Set up Camp? first time to wanee 
Wanee Gnome

Post Best Area to Set up Camp? first time to wanee
We are going to be arriving on Wed about Noon. There are going to be 4 or 5 of us. We will all be staying in tents, We would also like to be able to set up some hammocks. We would like to be able to have a small campfire (is that allowed?). We're bringing plenty of food and beers, a mushroom flag, a cooler on wheels, and and a dude named Bill. We are definitly ok with partying and having a good time. This is our first time at Wanee, so just looking for some advice on what areas are good ? what area to stay away from? any areas that are more "party" prone? anything is appreciated?? thanks. ptom

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Best Area to Set up Camp? first time to wanee
avoid area f its a lonnnggg walk lol j/k anywheer is great wanee is one huge party youll love it

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 pm Profile
Wanee Master

coming in on Wednesday means the park will be starting to fill up nicely.... everywhere literally is a good place to camp at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park... such a magical place... my best advice is to ask a official when you arrive, they will know whats filling up fast and where a good spot to go would be at the time...

and yes fires are aloud, just remember to practice safe fire skills when in the woods! :)

ImageImageImage

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ptomsalter wrote:
We are going to be arriving on Wed about Noon. There are going to be 4 or 5 of us. We will all be staying in tents, We would also like to be able to set up some hammocks. We would like to be able to have a small campfire (is that allowed?). We're bringing plenty of food and beers, a mushroom flag, a cooler on wheels, and and a dude named Bill. We are definitly ok with partying and having a good time. This is our first time at Wanee, so just looking for some advice on what areas are good ? what area to stay away from? any areas that are more "party" prone? anything is appreciated?? thanks. ptom

The lake area is beautiful altho it fills up quicker than most. Along the river offers up very scenic views and not too far a walk. There are pockets of primitive camping area throughout the paid for sites, just be careful when choosing to be close to RVs and be mindful of those sites that are "paid for sites" not to block drives or access to utilities, as these locations cost quite a bit and nothing sucks worse than being rousted up out of bed to move your things......make friends with your neighbors, offer up assistance if you notice someone that needs help or maybe left some small item at home, give love/get love....this is a really nice community for the days leading up to the festival and days after, as a lot of folks get here early and leave late....enjoy yourself and come by the meet and greet site, there is always someone lingering about

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks for the info. I was kinda thinking camping by the river. Is there access to the river? I assume it is fresh water?? can you swim in it? can you swim in the lake that is on the property?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

I don't think you can swim in the Lake.
If you go in the river look out for the Sturgeon.. :?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 am Profile
Wanee Fan

We went swimming in the river last year. It was a blast. The lake is pretty gross for swimming.

I've always set up in camp area B. It doesn't fill up till late Thursday. So you can get a great spot on Wednesday. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the concert entrance.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Anywhere is great to camp at. I've camped in almost every section, not necessarily during a festival. Out in farm field there's a drum circle almost at the exit. That's one serious party zone. I've camped there a few times and it gets pretty noisy and stays that way throughout the night. The plus is when they hit a real good rhythm at about 1-2am you can sleep like a baby.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Where to camp is the biggest question mark for me too as a first timer. I figure it'll sort itself out once we're there tho.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:23 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
Where to camp is the biggest question mark for me too as a first timer. I figure it'll sort itself out once we're there tho.

mccjeff....
Our two ladies from Virginia had to cancel...so if I can get there early enough to secure our regular spot...we will have room for two....back side of the lake...couple hundred yards from Waneetopia. Let me know and I will try to hold for you...that is, if you are interested...there are about 10-12 of us..not all have commited yet. Good solid group of peeps, we camp together but we are not joined at the hip, if you know what I mean (we go our own way and when we want). Not loud...we are not Saints but we are not sinners either. Live and Let Live

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]