Last visit was: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Did anybody catch the jam in the loop Saturday night? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Did anybody catch the jam in the loop Saturday night?
There was a bad ass jam that happened in the loop where a lot of ppl brought lights and cameras. I was hoping to find some of those pics and videos. If anyone was there and had any comments or pics/videos i'd love to see them.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Did anybody catch the jam in the loop Saturday night?
Are you talking about the guy who tore up the harp, the kid who tore up the sax and guitar and the other guy who tore up the guitar, with the great drummer and bas players?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:D Yeah BOY!! They were our neighbors I sat at picnic table right outside of ttrailer and jammed until finally driving over in cart as legs and feet were numb..my friend from alabama got to meet them and he has contact with them and they will be sending him video cds etc!! Join the MULE NATION and you will get to hear them asap he gets the footage he took up on there!!! As well as some people like you are here!(they even played the national anthem in the wee hrs of the early morning Chef G said and didn't stop until after 4am...they ARE excellent and I was trying to find Tony tyler to go jam with them per Chef G's request.. :twisted: Never found him utill they stopped!! but that is what I am saying that it was AWESOME!!!! And I am loopie so I liked the LOOP :lol: :lol: Only hope that they are there next year!!!! Had a ball and they can jam all day and night anytime!!!! In my book!!

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:09 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I caught a little on the way back to my tent but was too beered up to stay long. I remembered they sounded really, really good but I attributed it to the alcohol. The next morning I was corrected--they were really, really good. One of my buddies (guy with a peanut clipped to his ear and a huge shaker bean) stayed till daylight. He found the sax player's card in his pocket the next morning; I'll have to ask him, remember it as Jesse something (began with an S?).

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

That is definitely the jam I was talking about. The players that I remember so far were:
Drums: Andy Riotto (Josh Kirkland Band)
Duane
Guitar: Brad Burns
Johnny P Urban
Jesse Smith (the sax player as well)
Wes (3rd Stone)
Bass : Ken (from Australia)
Joe Loper (luthier, Loper Guitars)
Harp: Opie (Decatur Georgia)
hope I didn't leave anybody out

I was the sax/guitar player... met a lot of really awesome ppl that night that unfortunately I didn't get all of their contact info. I handed out a few cards but ran out rather quickly. If anybody has any of those pics or vids, we are trying to track them down for MuleNation and to show just how much fun we can have jamming with new ppl. Here's my email address: bluesdriver_17@yahoo.com... feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

;) Not sure of their names etc...but my friend BADDAD on Mulenation, has the whole history embedded in his smart brain!! They are from FSU and are from FL! That much I do remember and the lead guitarist had a Les Paul that Warren had signed??? Pretty dam good! Oh Yeah they do have their own label and will be putting out their CD real soon? That's all folks ask Gary he will tell ya more...when he gets home..which I do have to go check and make sure he made it?? Peace all and check out the MULENATON.COM to find out the latest info!!!!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yep, that about covers it. Jesse already has a cd out (currently out of them - more are being produced). The disc is a compliation from like 5 bands he was a member of - not the group heard in the loop (didn't mean to rhyme that). That was an epic jam worthy of the Peach Stage!

I met Jesse shortly after being wakened by the Star Spangled Banner from that bad azz axe Jesse was sporting. Yes, it is signed by Warren on the front, and Derek on the back! I was looking for the shower (and the source of the tribute to ole' glory) when we met. A real humble guy, easy to smile and chat with anyone. He told me about where he was from and what he was into, and that the guitar was not really his thing. He said he was a sax player and the guitar was something he played with. After the spot-on Warren teases he had let rip after the Star Spangled wake up I was certain he was just pulling my leg! Boy how wrong was I!

Jesse also told me the story of how his axe got its tat... He had a buddy who had a back stage and tried to get him in for a meet and greet. They told him he couldn't come in, but the axe was ok! His axe at the time had suffered a mishap and was in sad (even broken) shape. When it came back to him, signed, he was told that when Warren took it ha made a comment about it (forget exactly what J. said but it was something like) he sensed the soul of that guitar and wanted to jam with its owner!

This young brother can really play! It is not just a note thing, it IS a soul thing. If you have been to Wanee then you most likely understand what I mean. J. and I had a long talk Sunday morning before we all broke camp. He was almost unaware that someone had videoed the entire jam, recalling after I mentioned it. There was a couple in green folding chairs sitting to the right of the stage, near bass #2, with a video camera and a small flexible tripod. If anyone knows who they are or finds a youtube or something posted someplace, please give me a shout, or holler at G-ma. Jesse would LOVE to have a copy of this tape (he isn't the only one either!). I would like to make this happen for him in thanks for an awesome evening of great music!

Oh, Jesse also told me that he plans on trying to put something together with those players if possible, so be looking for him and the boys on the schedule in the years to come (and in the loop in the meantime)!

Hi G-ma... I made it to the forum! :lol:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:o Yeah! Garry my Hero!!!! Everyone say Hey to BADDAD!! He is just one of the NICEST men I have ever ever met!!!! And his bro GOO too!!! (pun intended!) They were the BRAINS in our camp!!!! If you haven't met him please do as he is just AWESOME!!!! Like you all!! Anyhow now I feel a bit more complete that he is here!!!!! :lol: Love Ya bro(ps he is married but I still love him like a brother!!!!)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks for the intro Gma! You were 100% correct about this forum, cool as anything! And thanks again Jesse for the music and the time spent chatting with me. Hope my small contribution Sunday AM helped you start your day off right! I have a few pics from the jam that are uploading (and a few 30 sec clips on my phone I have no idea how to up-load) and will shoot you a link as soon as I can. I hope I got a shot of that couple who were taping, but I don't think I did. Oh, awesome light show too! Thanks to the guy who had the laser kaleidoscope, who ever you are! That was awesome!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yes....was that great or what. We were camped out at Loop 23, and heard it going on...so we walked on over to see what was happening. Wound up staying up all night.

We will be there again next year, so I hope it happens again.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 pm Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next