Last visit was: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:45 pm It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:45 pm




 [ 9 posts ] 
 cpap and camping 
Author Message
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Posts: 147
Location: florida
Post cpap and camping
I need to wear a sleep mask for my cpap machine when I sleep , being im in primitive camping thinking I can get a car battery ,hook an inverter to it and plug my cpap machine in the inverter , any suggestions?


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 6687
Post Re: cpap and camping
It should work but make sure when you go to leave your car will start ;)


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Apopka, FL
Post Re: cpap and camping
I use my truck's battery to charge cell phones and listen to music the whole time I'm there. I just recommend a courtesy crank every day at some point. Let your vehicle's alternator charge the battery up for 5 to 10 minutes just to make sure you still have some juice left and so you don't ruin the battery. Draining one to the dregs will kill all chances of bringing it back to life. Those little suckers are expensive too.

_________________
Leave only your footprints.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Fan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:43 am
Posts: 157
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Post Re: cpap and camping
howdog wrote:
I need to wear a sleep mask for my cpap machine when I sleep , being im in primitive camping thinking I can get a car battery ,hook an inverter to it and plug my cpap machine in the inverter , any suggestions?


why don't you just do like everyone else and drink yourself to sleep....


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: cpap and camping
on inverters... dont get more than you need for the application.

GENERALLY speaking, the bigger the inverter the more 'wasted' energy.

Look at the CPAP machine. On it should be a dataplate that tells the draw - either in Amps or watts.
If its in watts, easy. go 10% extra, and get the closest inverter OVER that.

If in Amps, IE: 1.5A @ 130V, multiply the two to get watts. (1.5 x 130 = 195 watts) and then add 10%. In this EXAMPLE, a 225 - 300 Watt inverter should do fine.

I would advise getting another battery to run the CPAP machine aside from your car battery. The long gradual discharge is NOT what a car battery likes. A deep cycle battery is the key. Most inverters 'cut off' at a certain voltage, and a deep cycle battery will extend the time before that voltage is reached.

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: cpap and camping
Funny thing. I just picked up an inverter and a battery for my CPAP machine. Battery was $75 AND Inverter $60.
The inverter is an 800 watt unit that can accommodate 2 plugs and has a usb port too!
I got a marine battery because i could use an extra battery for our boat.

I am also hooking up some EL wire to it for a cool nighttime vibe!!


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: cpap and camping
We carry one of these...

Attachment:
power dome.jpg


http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-400-Watt-Starter-Built-In-Compressor/dp/B000WJEPCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365439886&sr=8-1&keywords=wagan+power+dome+ex


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Posts: 147
Location: florida
Post Re: cpap and camping
wilderock wrote:
Funny thing. I just picked up an inverter and a battery for my CPAP machine. Battery was $75 AND Inverter $60.
The inverter is an 800 watt unit that can accommodate 2 plugs and has a usb port too!
I got a marine battery because i could use an extra battery for our boat.

I am also hooking up some EL wire to it for a cool nighttime vibe!!

where did you get those from? walmart? thanks


Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: cpap and camping
howdog wrote:
wilderock wrote:
Funny thing. I just picked up an inverter and a battery for my CPAP machine. Battery was $75 AND Inverter $60.
The inverter is an 800 watt unit that can accommodate 2 plugs and has a usb port too!
I got a marine battery because i could use an extra battery for our boat.

I am also hooking up some EL wire to it for a cool nighttime vibe!!

where did you get those from? walmart? thanks



Yes-I got them at Walmart!! But, I ordered the inverter from Walmart on line.
Good luck! Don't forget the distilled water and vodka!


Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm Profile
 [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.