Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 EL wire 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: EL wire
Thanks to all for commenting on EL wire. And thank you for the welcome to the forum... I did not know if it was welcomed or discouraged. We made up costumes for Halloween, modified them for Mardi gras and St Patty's day. We got lots of compliments and wanted to come with them again for Wanee. I can't wait to play around with it all during night shows. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We also have some sound activated circular signs.

Does anyone light up their campsite with any ?

Should I worry about people who are susceptible with seizures or is it all cool runnings ?

From what I understand, you can get 15 feet off of one battery pack and it will last 6-8 hours per 2 AAs. We have some that are single strand 9.82 feet and some that are tri band 5 feet each= 15 feet.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Master

A lot of people light up their camp sites.
Don't worry about giving someone a seizure, if that sets them off then they shouldn't put themselves in that environment.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Cool.. I also like the idea of the rage stick.. We have to make a couple for ourselves too then.. :) BTW this is my 4th and my wife's 3rd Wanee. :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 am Profile
Wanee Pro

On thatscoolwire.com they have a 3-way splitter that leads to believe it goes to one battery pack. How long would 3 strands last on 1pk that holds 2 AA batteries?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Kyle, from what i understand it is 6-8 hours. We used those same ones halloween and mardi gras 4-6 hours and none of them went out...:)

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:07 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Welcome to the Forum Mofo. EL wire ROCKS!
and YES! Please, Please put some lights up around your camp. A marine deep cycle batteray and a power converter($30) will light your camp all weekend long.
I am personally on a one-man mission for camps at Wanee and all camps at SOSMP to have more visual stimulation. :mrgreen:
A matter of fact Short-Cut Camp(SCC) is working on something special when is comes to "visual stimulation". ;) so, Please come by and experience it.

kyle_burg09 wrote:
On thatscoolwire.com they have a 3-way splitter that leads to believe it goes to one battery pack. How long would 3 strands last on 1pk that holds 2 AA batteries?

This will depend on total lengh of wire, but I am sure 2 AA will not last very long with 27 feet of wire. I would be prepared to replace those batteries at least once/night.
There are some "rules" to EL wire. Like your driver can only power so many feet of wire. Make sure your driver can handle 30 feet of wire before you try and use it. Some drivers have a place for batteries and some allow you to connect a battery pack to the driver. Like one of my drivers has a 9-volt conector, but I can buy a special "battery pack" and connect 8 AA batteries to that 9 volt conector. If possible, could you get a bigger "pack" or do the batteries go directly into the driver?

Also, check out:
Live-Wire is the local SOMP EL distriibutor Marty and those guys are very cool!
I have been a big fan of Cool Neon Fun House Productions, they have great costume service!

I have been "recreationally "messing with EL-wire for about 5 years and if you have any questions, I will be happy to help. :D

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I have individual battery packs for each strand I was just trying to cut some weight so the stick i'm making won't be too heavy

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 am Profile
Wanee Pro

My girlfriend and I will be walking visual stimulation led everything

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:40 am Profile
Wanee Pro

kyle_burg09 wrote:
My girlfriend and I will be walking visual stimulation led everything

SWEET! I love it when people put in the effort to make the experience for others that much better, like dressing up or making a costume. :mrgreen:

If your driver can handle the other 18 feet, then you can do it, but I think you will be very short on battery life, which then you have to carry around extra batteries.
Or you could test it at home, with new batteries, and see how long all three strands last off the two AA batteries.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 am Profile
Wanee Pro

What FUN! It makes me smile just thinking about you guys :D

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next