Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 am It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Memories of the Mule! 
Wanee Pro

Post Memories of the Mule!
The show took place at the Comfort Zone. This bar/club was one of the biggest s#%t holes in Toronto. That being said it served as a great place to party and see live music. You could just about do and find just anything you wanted in this place. It was located under the Waverly Hotel (hookers and Skid ball central). I couldn’t believe the Mule was playing in such a small venue. It was late July in Toronto and that brings the heat and humidity. The comfort Zone was underground and had no AC. Just two big industrial fans, trying to circulate fresh air thru the place. The Mule’s gear took up most of the main floor area. Between the smoke and the amps you could barely see. The band took to the stage already gushing with sweat. What happened next blew me away. They tore the Comfort Zone a new a@@hole. My ear drums were broken and several times thru the show I had to have that talk with myself. “Yes Jay you are seeing and hearing the Mule with 100 of your closest friends”. During encore/set break I stepped outside the emergency fire door and seen Warren and Woody just looking like they had been thru a war. I am not much for conversation so I just thanked them for playing In Toronto. I shook their hands and let them get back to it. I followed in behind them and seen Gordie walk up on stage with them. I went back to my spot and prepared myself for one of the most blistering encores of my life. To this very day I can still hear the ringing in my ear from that Rockin” in the Free World.

07/31/00 (Mon) Comfort Zone - Toronto, Ontario
Set 1: Bad Little Doggie, Lay Your Burden Down, Rockin' Horse, No Need to Suffer, World Gone Wild, Painted Silver Light, Blue Jean Blues, Doin' It To Death, Lucky, Mule > I've Been Workin' > Mule, E: Never In My Life (1) > Jam (1), Little Wing (1), Who's Been Talkin' (2), Southern Man (2), Rockin' In The Free World (2)

Comment: (1) with Corky Laing on drums of Mountain, no Matt
(2) with Gordie Johnson on guitar of Big Sugar

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Memories of the Mule!
Nice! :D

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 am Profile
Wanee Master

8-)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:47 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

a few yrs ago saw them over in cocoa riverfront park. the band did a bunch of dead tunes because it was jerrys birthday fun night

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

the show i almost saw.........wanee 2010.

it was after midnight on the final night of wanee. i was worn out and had blisters on my feet from walking from my campsite to the stages and from wandering around lost on the first night. i was laying in my tent when the first otes of floyd's one of these days made their way through the cool night air. i kicked myself for not being there and that just made my feet hurt even more.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Fan

shaw23 wrote:
the show i almost saw.........wanee 2010.

it was after midnight on the final night of wanee. i was worn out and had blisters on my feet from walking from my campsite to the stages and from wandering around lost on the first night. i was laying in my tent when the first otes of floyd's one of these days made their way through the cool night air. i kicked myself for not being there and that just made my feet hurt even more.

We won't miss this one even if it means I have to carry you from the tent.... either that or I leave you there and enjoy by myself. :?:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

GREAT story and now i will have to listen too that smokin show! what a set list!

which is my favorite Mule show? the next one!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

07/16/10 (Fri) Raleigh Boutique Amphitheatre - Raleigh, NC

Jackie Geen opened and played a fine set. Then Mule came on and kicked off their set...

Set 1: Brand New Angel, Streamline Woman, Blind Man In The Dark, Steppin' Lightly

Half way into Steppin' Lightly the bottom dropped out and it began one of yhe hardest rains I've seen. Stopped the show dead in it's tracks.

Rescheduled the show for 10 days later. Any old scrap of paper that looked like it might have been a ticket got you in. They walked out on to the stage, Warren says "Now where were we? Oh yeah..." And breaks back in to Steppin' Lightly right where they left off.

07/26/10 (Mon) Raleigh Boutique Amphitheatre - Raleigh, NC
Set 1: Steppin' Lightly (Reprise), Broke Down On The Brazos, Thelonius Beck, I Believe To My Soul, Banks Of The Deep End, Trane > Eternity's Breath > St. Stephen (jam) > Gordon James, Slackjaw Jezebel

Set 2: About To Rage > Electric Funeral (Jam) > About To Rage, Any Open Window, Inside Outside Woman Blues, How Many More Years > Drums > Return To Forevermore (Jam) > Forevermore, I'll Be The One, Mule > Whole Lotta Love > Mule, E: Railroad Boy

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

For me Wanee 2010.......hands down!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

whole lot of love wrote:
a few yrs ago saw them over in cocoa riverfront park. the band did a bunch of dead tunes because it was jerrys birthday fun night

A bit damp during the first set!

Jackie Green opened and sat in.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:31 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]