Last visit was: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:01 pm It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:01 pm

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Name a band you loved in the day that doesn't get it now. 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Name a band you loved in the day that doesn't get it now
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
I see two divisions in this category.

The first includes the dinosaur bands that charge exorbitant ticket prices for their greatest-hits shows. When the Doobs, for instance, played Wanee, I was not sorry to see them, but I suspected that their setlist would not vary from night to night. and you would pay an arm and a leg to see them at a regular venue, compared to our heros.

And the second incldues bands that have simply not progressed while our ears have! Somebody mentioned the Cars, for instance. There are lots of bands we enjoyed back when that just don't hit our ears the same way now.

Remember that we heard them pre-Mule, pre-WSMFP, pre-Phish, pre-UM, pre-all the bands we like now.

Good point, I liked the Eagles and the Doobie Brothers preWSMFP, but I find it hard to listen to either of those bands now.....I think they both charge way too much for a show...hell the Eagles started that trend a long long time ago before they broke up....and that turned me off to their shows, the Doobie Bros, I don't think they grew with the times, and as mentioned before, Lynyrd Skynyrd was a product of too much radio play combined with too many neighbors blasting certain songs and not exploring any other diverse bands. I am glad I had the opportunity to venture into other music varieties...........and altho a lot of folks don't cotton to WSMFP, I understand, but when I am under the headphones/earphones I always hear something new in a song be it live or studio, and that's what keeps me a rabid fan, I can't say the same for the other mentioned bands in this paragraph.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I can listen to all those bands GM just not the songs they wore out on classic rock radio, we used to have an underground radio station out of Baltimore back in the day and they kicked a$$ but now I have Radio Woodstock 100.1 WDST which co sponsers MT JAM with Warren :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Dartdog82 wrote:
I can listen to all those bands GM just not the songs they wore out on classic rock radio, we used to have an underground radio station out of Baltimore back in the day and they kicked a$$ but now I have Radio Woodstock 100.1 WDST which co sponsers MT JAM with Warren :D :D :D

Aaaaaaaaaaah, I remember the days of underground radio.....haven't listened to much radio in the past 30 years.....except maybe Click and Clack on NPR

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Master

grandmacracker wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaah, I remember the days of underground radio.....haven't listened to much radio in the past 30 years.....except maybe Click and Clack on NPR

Now those boys are geniuses! What a great show. People should listen if only for the closing credits!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Ronnie's band has gone through every kind of adversity possible.
What people forget is that these bands can't just become accountants after the hits stop coming. They are musicians. Often I hear people bag on them for simply trying to feed their families. Nostalgia? Yes. But it's a job and fans will always be there.

Just noticed I became a member of board officially 1 minute before gmcracker.
Whoa dood :lol:

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Master

shockedpanic wrote:
What people forget is that these bands can't just become accountants after the hits stop coming. They are musicians. Often I hear people bag on them for simply trying to feed their families. Nostalgia? Yes. But it's a job and fans will always be there.

Absolutely true. And those bands will always (almost always) outdraw the bands we love so much with ever-changing setlists. There is something for everyone. They have every right to feed their families. More power to them.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

shockedpanic wrote:
What people forget is that these bands can't just become accountants after the hits stop coming.

They can become restauranteurs!

Welcome to Neon Leon's Zydeco Steakhouse
10350 W. Yulee Drive
Homosassa, Florida
352-621-FOOD (3663)

I went there last month, lots of Skynnyrd stuff on the walls.
There was a Ronnie signed Les Paul hanging right next to me.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Lover

shockedpanic wrote:

Just noticed I became a member of board officially 1 minute before gmcracker.
Whoa dood :lol:

dannnng always a dollar short, or a minute short, or a bride's maid, :lol: :lol: :lol: whay a minute......yer slacking SP, you need to step up your posting.....come on and catch up

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm Profile
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4