Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:18 am It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:18 am

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hanging Tapestries 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Hanging Tapestries
Some negative reviews but I've had good luck with them. But it's something else to keep up with.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
Some negative reviews but I've had good luck with them. But it's something else to keep up with.

I have some of those also... sometimes they are better, sometimes worse... they can be a pain to undo sometimes when tearing down camp... but thats when its over, so it dont matter!! hhaha

ImageImageImage

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Helowrench I got mine from our local head shop. That's a good place to look and you can find all kinds on the internet

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We found a bunch of taps at a yard sale. Scooped all they had.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

they sell tapestries at wanee (got a sweet Bertha one last year), online, Etsy (I sell there too), local head shops- if you are lucky enough to have one :( - you can make your own too.
Most of my camp taps are made by me so I have a pocket for the rope to go through (like on a curtain to put the rod through for hanging). If you can sew a straight line- just fold over the top of the tapestry about an inch iron so it's straight & sew it down- done. But I used to use those binder clips or clothes pins & they held pretty good- helps to hold string lights too.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

I know this sounds stupid but i've never hung a tapestry. I know you need a rope to clip the top of the tapestry to but do you need a bottom rope so they won't go crazy in the wind?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I use those clip thingys that MCCJeff posted earlier; they're cheaper at Harbor Freight. And, at the bottom I use a tent stake and a bungie cord. That gives them some flexibility, but they don't go wild in the wind.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 am Profile
Wanee Pro

zip ties work pretty good too if they have hanging holes. Daisy chain for longer reach.

Might try the rope tech this wanee.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

amazingly out of the 4 tapestries we got only 1 has hanging holes. is there a place i could take them that would put those brass looking circles at the corners similar to the ones on flags?

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Go to a hardware store and ask for grommets....you just like up the two pieces and hammer them together...It is easy to do. If you don't understand....ask a clerk at the hardware store. It is probably better if you go to an independent locally owned store...they are more likely to find and explain the process. Otherwise, Lowe's or Home Despot should have them.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 pm Profile
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next