Last visit was: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 am It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 am

[ 9 posts ] 
 Gasparilla Music Festival March 9th 
Wanee Pro

Post Gasparilla Music Festival March 9th
Just thought I would throw this out there for the Central Florida folks...Tickets are only $25 and the lineup is pretty solid. Dr. Dog, The Meter Men with Page McConnel from Phish, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears, Applebutter Express, Dawes, The Iguanas and it goes on and on. This should be a great show for $25...

http://gasparillamusicfestival.com/

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Gasparilla Music Festival March 9th
Last year's event was awesome. I didn't try to take any beer in, but they didn't check bags at all. Hmmmmmm...

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Glad to hear that...The meter men are legendary,Page is the icing. Dr Dog is great too, still cannot believe it is only 25 bucks.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

but you have to pay with silver certificates

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

shaw23 wrote:
but you have to pay with silver certificates

or their equivalent in Gasparilla doubloons!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Any advice on where to park? Also, what would be the best way in and out if I am coming from the Orlando area? The directions say to take Ashley but I am kind of guessing that is going to be a parking lot.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

funkengroovin wrote:
Any advice on where to park? Also, what would be the best way in and out if I am coming from the Orlando area? The directions say to take Ashley but I am kind of guessing that is going to be a parking lot.

Are you staying overnight in Tampa? If you are I would suggest parking at your hotel and walking if you're downtown, or catching a cab if you're close by.

If you're just coming downtown for the day there are several parking garages to choose from. I wouldn't park at the one on Ashley as I'm sure it will be a nightmare. The garage at Channelside will probably be the best option for an easy exit.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Pro

WaneeVirgin wrote:
funkengroovin wrote:

Are you staying overnight in Tampa? If you are I would suggest parking at your hotel and walking if you're downtown, or catching a cab if you're close by.

If you're just coming downtown for the day there are several parking garages to choose from. I wouldn't park at the one on Ashley as I'm sure it will be a nightmare. The garage at Channelside will probably be the best option for an easy exit.

Just in for the show then driving back to Orlando, what are the cross streets for the Channelside garage? I am sure it will be a little frustrating as I do not know the area at all, but with all that for $25 I just cannot pass it up.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 am Profile
Wanee Master

WaneeVirgin wrote:
funkengroovin wrote:

The problem with the one at Channelside is that it is nto at all close. There are a number of small independent parking lots in the immediate vicinity, and there is parking on the street (I did last year), plus some church lots nearby as well.

When you get off I-275 at Ashley, you can make a left turn onto Cass or pol and then look for parking along Tampa, Franklin or Florida streets.

This is easy walking distance to the park.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 am Profile
 [ 9 posts ]