Last visit was: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm




 [ 7 posts ] 
 Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area? 
Author Message
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:03 am
Posts: 11
Post Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
First timer rolling to wanee this year. Just wondering about vending and such? Is all vending provided by the venue? or is it like a typical lot at a show with people selling there wares? Is there plenty of food there to purchase? If so, is it overpriced or reasonable?

is there a "shakedown street" type of area where people are selling stuff? shirts? tapestries? glass wares? food?

thanks

~45 days till Wanee..... so pumped~


Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 5340
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
ptomsalter wrote:
First timer rolling to wanee this year. Just wondering about vending and such? Is all vending provided by the venue? or is it like a typical lot at a show with people selling there wares? Is there plenty of food there to purchase? If so, is it overpriced or reasonable?

is there a "shakedown street" type of area where people are selling stuff? shirts? tapestries? glass wares? food?

thanks

~45 days till Wanee..... so pumped~


There is a "Shakedown Street"-type situation. Many vendors, all kinds of stuff. Stuff you need, stuff you don't, stuff you want, stuff you eat.

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 am
Posts: 62
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
[quote="ptomsalter"]First timer rolling to wanee this year. Just wondering about vending and such? Is all vending provided by the venue? or is it like a typical lot at a show with people selling there wares? Is there plenty of food there to purchase? If so, is it overpriced or reasonable?

is there a "shakedown street" type of area where people are selling stuff? shirts? tapestries? glass wares? food?

thanks

~45 days till Wanee..... so pumped~[

The vendors that are there have to pay (Live Nation in this case) alot to vend their wares at these festivals. Please support them by buying something if you can afford to. Many of them travel great distances to be there and make a living. Just sayin'

_________________
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure (~);}


Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 5340
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
That's a great call, liveyoursong!

If we don't support these folks, they won't be back.

They add a great dimension to the festival.

Show 'em the money --

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10639
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
That's a great call, liveyoursong!

If we don't support these folks, they won't be back.

They add a great dimension to the festival.

Show 'em the money --

:shock: :lol:

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image


Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 am
Posts: 285
Location: Ocala, Fl
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
liveyoursong wrote:
The vendors that are there have to pay (Live Nation in this case) alot to vend their wares at these festivals. Please support them by buying something if you can afford to. Many of them travel great distances to be there and make a living. Just sayin'



This! :mrgreen:

_________________
QSAROO-Candles lighting other Candles


Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 am Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Apopka, FL
Post Re: Wanee Vending? Shakedown Area?
Food is plentiful. Coffee vendor opens at about 7 if I remember correctly. Meals range from 5 to 9 tickets (dollars). It's pricey, but not too bad for a venue. Depending on the vendor/food, you normally get your money's worth.

_________________
Leave only your footprints.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right


Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am Profile
 [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], Bing [MSN Bot], CCBot, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Linkdex (SEO bot), Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.